Acute Dialysis RN (Hospital)
- Job Title
- Acute Dialysis RN (Hospital)
- Job ID
- 13 weeks
- Everett,, WA
- Other Location
The Hospital Dialysis Registered Nurse (RN) will be responsible for the delivery of dialysis to patients at local hospitals and other facilities contracted with Puget Sound Kidney Centers (PSKC).
- Degree from an accredited school of nursing.
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing preferred.
Licensure & Certification:
- Must have a current Registered Nurse (RN) license from the WA State Board of Nursing.
- Current certification of Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) with a Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers card.
- Minimum of two years experience in acute hemodialysis practice, including peritoneal dialysis, hemodialysis, extended nighttime dialysis, and continuous renal replacement therapy (CRRT) preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Office software suite, required.
- Perform dialysis related services as required by the PSKC contract.
- Identify and implement plans to meet acute or chronic patient’s emotional and physical needs in the hospital in conjunction with the patient’s hospital primary staff RN.
- Communicate patient status, both physiological and behavioral, to appropriate multi-disciplinary practitioners.
- Initiate, monitor, and discontinue the following treatments according to PSKC’s procedures:
- Peritoneal dialysis
- Provide appropriate intervention during various medical crises.
- Assess patient’s physical and emotional needs.
- Examine and document clinical findings.
- Review laboratory data and dialysis orders.
- Maintain Electronic Medical Records (EMR) dialysis flow sheets with accurate, timely documentation.
- Ensure that all equipment is in working order and reports changes and repairs as needed.
- Interpret and execute medical staff orders for treatment in a timely manner.
- Maintain strict adherence to infection control practices including hand washing, aseptic technique, and use of personal protective equipment.
- Appropriately identify, communicate, and intervene with regard to medical crisis or complications.
- Attend staff meetings when scheduled.
- Assist in re-positioning patients in dialysis chairs or hospital beds.
- Provide leadership and appropriate supervision to Dialysis Technicians.
- Participate in rotating float or on-call schedule as needed.
- Participate in orientation and training of new employees and provide exemplary job skill and technique by sharing expertise with the trainee to encourage thorough acquisition of job skills and knowledge.
- Required Skills
State License Details:
Must Be Currently Active
Minimum Years of Experience:2
ACLS BLS/BCLS PALS NRP ATTCPI ENPCRNFA TNCC AWHONN NIHSS
- Pay Range
- $62.00 Hourly to $62.00 Hourly