Scala/Big Data Developer
- Job Title
- Scala/Big Data Developer
- Job ID
- Portland, OR 97027
- Other Location
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
Conexess Group is aiding a Portland, OR based client in their search for a Scala/Big Data Developer. This is a long-term opportunity with a competitive compensation package. We’re looking for candidates local to Portland or who are wanting to relocate to Portland. This role will start remotely, but you’ll be expected to be onsite 2-3 days a week once the office is reopened.
******We are unable to work C2C on this role******
This role will be working hand-in-hand with a team of agile developers that is creating exciting new features for our customers. Collaborate with other senior application specialist in the organization to create an atmosphere of group contribution in addition to individual execution that makes the organization more efficient and knowledgeable.
- Re-use existing software development practices where possible for productivity but also introduce new trending industry practices and tools where appropriate.
- Design robust solutions to hard problems that also take into account scale, security, reliability, and cost.
- Contribute new software or modify existing software to meet projects and program goals.
- Benchmark systems, analyze bottlenecks and propose solutions to eliminate them.
An ideal developer will have experience with components at each layer of modern web applications. A modern full-stack web developer should have experience with many of the following languages, technologies, platforms, and frameworks
- Extensive experience with Scala (framework exposure to scalaz or cats-effect a plus)
- Extensive production experience providing back-end solutions leveraging: Spark, Kafka, Hadoop, Hbase, Hive, MongoDB
- Familiarity with NodeJS a plus
- Experience architecting and deploying highly scalable distributed systems.
- RESTful API's
- Ideal candidate has extensively worked with public RESTful interfaces and can describe the tenets of REST, compare REST to SOAP, and describe REST best practices
- Ideal candidate understands the tenets of protecting client data in motion and at rest as well as different techniques for authenticating and authorizing clients / consumers of service data.
- Experience across the full software lifecycle; have a DevOps mindset.
- Ideal candidate has performed primary product development with GIT based source control solutions (Github, Gitlab, etc).
- Ideal candidate should understand concepts such as rebasing, squashing, cherry picking, and tagging.
- NoSQL / SQL.
- Ideal candidate will have worked with unix based SQL, NoSQL databases (MongoDB, PostgresSQL, Oracle, etc).
- Test Automation Tools
- Ideal candidate has worked with Functional and Unit test based frameworks to develop automated tests.
- Familiarity with Splunk and Grafana would be a plus.
- Ideal candidate has worked on projects with CI/CD tools (Jenkins, Bamboo, Gitlab-CI, etc)
- Container Technologies and Container Orchestration platforms
- Ideal candidate has worked on projects with container based solutions (Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift, EKS, etc)
- Scrum experience
- Functional Programming