SQL Database Administrator
- Job Title
- SQL Database Administrator
- Job ID
- Farmington Hills, MI 48334
- Other Location
Ideal candidate must have broad Microsoft SQL database knowledge and experience, including tuning, performance monitoring, data structures, schemas, and indexes. Database support of internally developed applications desired.
- Support, maintain, and enhance database functionality across three lines of business
- Create and Manage SQL Server databases across multiple servers including in Azure
- Ensure high levels of performance, availability, sustainability, and security
- Assist developers with query tuning and schema refinement
- Develop and build relationships with non-IT and IT customers
- Participate and have input into the building and maintenance of the ODE data architecture
- Participate and facilitate outage resolution and develop root cause analysis
- Work on multiple projects concurrently with shifting priorities and multiple constraints
- Bachelor’s degree with relevant coursework in computer science or a related field
- 2+ years of experience working as a SQL Database Administrator
- Will accept any suitable combination of education, training, or experience.
- 1+ years of experience of High Availability and Disaster Recovery options for SQL Servers.
- Knowledge of setting and managing SQL Server Availability Group, and SQL Server Cluster.
- 2+ years of experience with performance tuning, and optimization.
- 2+ years of experience with backups, restores, and recovery models.
- Familiar with Middleware use of data base technology.
- Experience with Azure SQL managed instances
- Familiar with in-house built applications.
- Experience of various Database encryption solutions, such as TDE (Transparent Data Encryption).
- High degree of competency and comfort working effectively across multiple levels and departments
- Excellent client communication skills. Demonstrated ability to interpret and communicate, both verbally and in writing, complex information in a clear and concise manner
- Self-motivated and capable of working in a dynamic environment