- Job Title
- QA Manager
- Job ID
We are working with a growing food manufacturer in Middlesex County, NJ that is looking for a QA Manager. This role is responsible for all quality aspects within the plant and champion food safety programs. Please apply if interested in learning more!
- Responsible for the continued implementation, review and maintenance of the company’s established SQF food safety and quality management system. This includes all food safety fundamentals, HACCP and Food Safety Plans according to the Codex Alimentarius principles and the Preventive Controls for Human Food requirements under the FSMA regulations.
- Responsible for the verification and validation of the site’s implemented SQF program.
- Ensures all food safety and quality related corrective actions are implemented and effective as necessary to maintain the integrity of the SQF food safety and quality management system.
- Responsible for the review and sign off on all completed food safety and quality related production records.
- Responsible for the implementation and maintenance of the site’s environmental monitoring program.
- Effectively communicates vital information to the senior team to assure that the SQF system is implemented and maintained.
- Effectively communicate with relevant Certification Bodies and the SQFI when required and in a timely manner.
- Responsible for the management and training of the quality department’s technician team.
- Effectively manages and maintains the approved raw material supplier program including product specification reviews and approvals.
- Manages and handles all food safety and quality related customer complaints from complaint receiving, logging of complaints, internal investigations, implementation of corrective actions and follow up. Conducts all communications between company and the customer.
- Conducts the required food safety and quality training to new employees as part of the employee’s orientation training. Will also manage and conduct the required annual food safety and quality refresher training for existing employees covering all departments. Maintains records of all training.
- Responsible for delivering annual refresher training for all staff and maintaining associated training records.
- Responsible for taking the lead on 3rd party and customer food safety audits on behalf of the company.
- Responsible for the management of the site’s Cleaning and Sanitation program.
- Responds to emails and voicemails in a timely manner.
- Other duties as assigned by Management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a food related field
- OR 7+ years’ experience in a food manufacturing environment in a Quality role
- 3+ years of supervisory/management experience with quality/auditing
- Past history with SQF Practitioner training
- Experience with HACCP and PCQI
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite
- Ability to operate in a team environment.
- Ability to adapt in a changing work environment