- Job Title
- Procurement Specialist
- Job ID
Procurement Sourcing Specialist
We are working with a food manufacturer outside of Boston, MA that is looking to fill a Corporate Procurement role. This position is responsible for sourcing and negotiating indirect supply & service contracts while coordinating with Marketing, HR and Finance. The Procurement Specialist is responsible for identifying savings opportunities, negotiating supplier contracts alongside management, and optimizing performance measures. Please apply if interested in working for a growing company in a visible corporate position.
- Prepare bid proposals, negotiate pricing contracts, analyze & summarize responses to execute contracts with suppliers
- Evaluate & ensure that all facilities are following company purchasing procedures.
- Responsible for communicating changes relating to purchasing
- Complete monthly reports
- Responsible for implementing while coordinate with other management on yearly saving program
- Implement pricing & percentage inflation for next year’s budget
- Source and qualify suppliers
- Visit other sites and set up procedures for evaluating potential suppliers
- Compile, organize & maintain supplier information used to evaluate new & existing suppliers
- Research & compile all purchasing information including price history, quality and service for bid proposals
- Analyze market conditions to determine material availability and pricing. Prepare market analysis reports on findings
- Responsible for providing data in order to update SAP/PRISM
- Point of contact for all things related to purchasing with corporate purchasing
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field
- 2+ years of purchasing experience, preferably indirect purchasing
- Past history of developing procedures, communicating instructions, analyzing a variety of technical data, and government regulations
- Able to write reports and procedures manuals
- Able to effectively present information & respond to questions from managers and clients
- Proficient with math concepts – such as statistical inference and probability
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and intermediate skill level with spreadsheets.
- SAP experience is a plus
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines within specified time constraints.
- Ability to operate in a team environment.
- Ability to adapt in a changing work environment