- Job Title
- Plant Manager
- Job ID
We are working with long standing food manufacturer in WI that that is looking for a strategic, highly visible Plant Manager. The ideal person will be a strong leader and strive to grow a company culture that promotes employee development and engagement. A background in plant management in the food manufacturing industry is needed.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage plant production operations & establish production priorities to ensure product is produced efficiently & within cost parameters while maintaining quality/sanitation standards.
- Coordinate production activities with procurement, sales, distribution, maintenance & quality control to obtain optimum production.
- Contribute to the development of plant production & quality standards as well as budget & cost controls.
- Review & analyze production, quality control, maintenance & operational reports to determine causes of non-conformity with product specifications, or operating or production problems.
- Compile & analyze raw product cost data to identify & minimize excessive costs.
- Supervise plant engineering activities to minimize operating costs & recommend appropriate equipment & operational changes as needed.
- Manage directly or through subordinate personnel, plant employees so that effective management/union working relationships are sustained. Conduct hearings to resolve grievances.
- Work alongside direct reports as a coach & partner to effectively manage their performance.
- Provide on-going performance feedback & conduct performance conversations with direct reports. Hold direct/indirect reports accountable for results & work with them to cultivate their capabilities and utilize their strengths.
- Support/follow the company safety & health policy. Maintain & implement up to date programs, policies & communication at regular staff meetings. Provide leadership for safety & enforce safety rules in accordance with established disciplinary policy. Adhere to the company RTW program and evaluate safety responsibilities of direct reports.
- Support/follow the company SQF program. Maintain & implement up to date SQF procedures & communicate to staff on a regular basis. Provide leadership for SQF & enforce the rules in accordance with the established program.
- 5+ years management experience in a food manufacturing facility is necessary, dairy preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree is ideal
- Strong working knowledge of dairy industry production practices, processes, regulations and equipment is preferred
- Previous experience in a union environment is helpful
- Strong business acumen is needed
- Ability to demonstrate professional oral and written communication skills. Able to communicate cross functionally with plant and corporate leadership team
- Has a genuine interested in developing and creating employee engagement – maintain a company culture that is sustaining
- Ability to make and implement personnel decisions critical to subordinates, pay and productivity levels and employment statuses.
- Strong leadership skills (mentoring, training, any necessary discipline, etc.)