Director of Operations (Remote Position)
- Job Title
- Director of Operations (Remote Position)
- Job ID
Director of Operations
We are working with a natural food company that is looking for a key role to report to their CEO. The Director of Operations will work to streamline and manage the logistics, supply chain, warehousing and co-manufacturing relationships. This is a remote position that requires a self-starter and someone who thrives in a fast-paced collaborative environment. This is a very visible role within the company that has exposure across all business functions within the company.
- Ensuring high quality, stable yet flexible manufacturing capability to support rapid growth and geographic expansion.
- Responsible for overseeing all third-party co-packing operations and identifying and negotiating with additional co-packers.
- Oversee to varying degrees, procurement, inbound logistics, production planning, packaging, quality control, processing, warehousing and outbound logistics and manage all technical activities associated with new product and packaging development and introduction.
- Responsible for maintaining the ERP and ensuring inventory and BOM accuracy.
- Interface with sales, marketing and finance to ensure strategies meet demand and take a hands-on approach to executing the strategy and addressing real-time problems and opportunities.
- Inventory forecasting models, based on sales projections, distribution metrics and historical revenue
- Manage DEAR Systems and integration with QBO accounting software
- Manage fulfillment and warehouse network, expanding and streamlining the network as necessary
- Manage procurement
- Manage line extension launches, forecasting production needs and maintaining procurement
- Manage COGS / BOM and forecast goals for cost reduction through volume and procurement purchases
- Manage co-packer and supplier relationships, growing and expanding as necessary
- Establish best practices for supply chain management, procurement and production scheduling
- Integrate ecommerce, distributor and direct sales channels through EDI and other connections
- Create Dashboards and information systems to help manage inventory and COGS
- Bachelor’s Degree is required.
- Past experience in the food CPG industry
- Experience at a food and beverage startup is ideal
- Strong analytical skills.
- Data and detail oriented to a fault
- Strong communication skills: able to liaise with confidence and influence co-packers, wholesaler executives, Brokers, Finance Team, and Executive Team.
- Strong budget management skills.
- Hands-on production line or oversight experience.
- Experience managing multiple co-packers.
- Past experience with production planning