Application BI Developer
- Job Title
- Application BI Developer
- Job ID
- Nashville, TN
- Other Location
POSITION SUMMARY: Designs, develops, and executes Business Intelligence and analytics software and processes. Develops, implements, and utilizes innovative processes to efficiently, accurately, and securely deliver information for our internal and external business users, songwriters and publishers. Supports and advocates Enterprise Architecture with team members and internal and external customers. Mentoring others and acts as subject matter expert for analytics. Extensive interaction with product management, UI/UX designers, enterprise architects, and other software developers to design and develop innovative solutions to real market problems.
FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
Essential Functions: which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
• Leverages all aspects of BI technologies and architecture such as delivery mechanisms (i.e. portals, dashboards, OLAP), data model/architecture, data integration/ETL and reporting tools
• Integrates data from various sources including on system and off system sources
• Analyzes data, design and develop complex custom reports and dashboards using in-house reporting platform with little or no supervision
• Validates report results against requirements for consistency and accuracy
• Troubleshoots and analyzes data issues within reports
• Responsible for the efficient, accurate, and secure acquisition, integration, provision, and exchange of the enterprise data
• Develops and maintain other BI and analytics standards for client including data sources and a data dictionary
• Monitors and administers automated and manual data integration and ETL jobs to verify execution and measure performance
• Provides technical leadership on all assigned projects to ensure delivery of valuable solutions in alignment with client’s business needs, technological platform architecture, and overall SDLC. This includes understanding business requirements, adhering to technical architecture standards, recommending technical design, monitoring development and testing efforts, resolving technical issues, making technical decisions, and supporting deployment of the product.
• Participate in all phases of managing the Application Lifecycle Management: requirements analysis, development, testing, and implementation. Participate in technical logic and design discussions.
• Identify the appropriate software architecture based on the requirements and on Enterprise Architecture guidelines.
• Lead the review process for software architecture documents.
• Contribute to the review and analysis of business requirements.
• Integrate internal and external product design into a cohesive user experience.
• Work with UX/UI to improve and refine product visual design and consistency.
• Create, maintain, and present technical documentation to different audiences and levels.
• Perform resource, technical and risk assessments.
• Work with other development, architecture, and product development teams to ensure delivery of product.
• Work with 3rd party vendor on technical design/specifications, development, testing and deployment to ensure the product meets the requirements.
• Assist in the timely completion of assigned development projects.
• Prepare required documentation, including project plans, software program, system architectural design, and user documentation.
• Assist in the estimation of personnel requirements, cost, and time for development projects.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Regular attendance.
• Supports our clients Core Values and cultivates a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Physical/Visual Activities or Demands: Physical/visual activities or demands that are commonly associated with the performance functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Sitting, talking, hearing, and walking.
• Concentrated mental and visual attention with normal hand-eye coordination.
• Clarity of vision at 20 inches B corrected or uncorrected.
• Generally negligible physical effort, but occasional moving of 1 to 10 lb. items.
Environmental/Atmospheric Conditions: Environmental and atmospheric conditions commonly associated with the functions of this job.
Normal office conditions.
POSITION QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Education: Bachelor's Degree or higher in Computer Science or Math or equivalent industry experience
• Eight (8) years Object Oriented development experience.
• Eight (8) years C# project implementation experience (additional experience is strongly preferred).
• Strong hands-on expertise in developing C# server-side multi-threaded services.
• Strong hands-on expertise in developing multi-tier, enterprise web applications utilizing ASP.NET MVC.
• Deep knowledge of the .NET framework and a proficiency with Visual Studio.
• Strong SQL experience: MS SQL Server required
• Hands-on working knowledge of REST and JSON; knowledge of WCF, Web Services, and SOAP.
• Experience in designing, developing, testing, and implementing ETL solutions using enterprise ETL tools preferred. Data Bricks and Azure Data Factory preferred
• Experience with Power BI preferred
• Proficient with Data Warehouse technologies and concepts such as dimensional modeling, aggregating and cube development
• Proficiency in Team Foundation Server/VSTS is preferred
• Experience with industry standard communication protocols; REST, JSON, XML, and SOAP.
• Prefer experience in Azure Data Factory, Databricks, Azure Hyperscale SQL Database, Azure Blob Storage, and Power BI from the Microsoft Power Platform.
• Experience with Agile software development methodologies
• Experience developing Microsoft Azure systems is a plus
Skills and Abilities: This may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
• Must possess ability to work independently in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
• Must be a self-motivated team player who understands the importance of teamwork, collaboration, and open communication, including a willingness to occasionally work in a pair-programming environment
• Must possess the ability to create and maintain artifacts including use cases, data flow charts, process flow diagrams, software requirements document, functional specifications document, etc.
• Must possess strong analytical, problem solving and technical documentation skills
• Must possess ability to effectively present information and respond to questions
• Experience with distributed systems or a large enterprise background is preferred
• Must have an excellent understanding and hands-on experience with design and development best practices
• Detail orientation and strong attention to detail
• Must have progressive achievement in job history
• Must be willing to work overtime, including weekends, when required
• Understanding of SDLC automation concepts such as continuous integration
• Must possess ability to implement strong unit and service-level tests