- Job Title
- Data Analyst
- Job ID
- New York, NY 10017
- Other Location
WHO WE ARE
Cloud9 Technologies is a voice communication and analytics platform for institutional traders. We leverage cloud services including AWS, a wide array of web services, WebRTC, as well as advanced deep learning techniques to empower firms with the benefit of modern communication tools and enhance trader workflow with actionable voice data & analytics.
Our company was started in 2014 by a team of motivated entrepreneurs and highly successful industry veterans that have started several businesses and taken multiple companies through public offerings. We are well funded, with investors including J.P. Morgan, Barclays, NEX, and Point72 Asset Management. Cloud9 has been profiled in publications such as the Wall Street Journal, Forbes, and Waters Technology. Our award-winning technology was a named the 2017 Best Sell-Side Trading Communication System by Waters Technology for the second year in a row, recognized in the Top 10 innovative solutions of the year by the Futures and Options Industry Association, named to the CB Insights Fintech 250, and the FinTech Global RegTech 100.
By bringing together an experienced group of engineers, product managers, and industry experts, Cloud9 developed a communications platform for the trading floor of the future – offering more functionality and analytic insight than legacy hardware at a fraction of the cost. We’re a group of pioneers who enjoy solving challenges and building disruptive technology – and we’re looking to hire the best and brightest.
Join our team to contribute to the development of the most secure, compliant, and reliable communications platform in the financial services industry.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
The Data Analyst will collect data and develop analysis and reports to help Cloud9 make the right decisions to grow the company. The successful candidate will turn data into information, information into insight, and insight into business decisions. Responsibilities include:
- Work with executives and other leaders to identify opportunities for improvement
- Create reports for internal teams and external clients
- Collect data and analyze processes and requirements
- Establish KPIs to measure the effectiveness of business decisions
- Create and maintain documentation including requirements, design, and user manuals
- Identify opportunities to improve processes and streamline operations
THE RIGHT BACKGROUND
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Finance, or similar
- Coding skills in SQL and R (and Python is nice to have)
- Experience with a business intelligence tool (ideally Looker)
- Experience manipulating large data sets in Excel
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to contribute both independently and as part of a team