- Job Title
- Packaging Engineer
- Job ID
Packaging Project Engineer
We are working with an organic food manufacturer outside of Boston, MA that is looking for a Packaging Engineer. This role is responsible for the design of packaging lines & equipment and implementation of CI/lean improvements. The Packaging Engineer will report to the Director of Engineering and take an active part in improving industrial processes.
Duties and Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Manage continuous improvement projects directed towards reducing waste and improving quality
- Will lead and initiate CI projects by coaching, training and mentoring. Focusing on quality, services and cost improvement
- Implement program that focuses on reducing process and product variation by analyzing data. Does this by utilizing tools such as Spaghetti Diagrams, Cause & Effect Diagrams, and Fishbone
- Initiate meetings between appropriate department personnel to analyze process input variable and interpret how they impact internal & external needs
- Plan, prioritize, & review technical plans for the improvement of production & facility equipment
- Design & carry out manufacturing trials, reports results & implements changes
- Work cross functionally to troubleshoot, diagnose, & perform root case analysis investigations on equipment & plant issues
- Work as a cross functional technical leader with functions such as supply chain, sourcing, Manufacturing & Engineering.
- Write new technical specifications for all new materials & update existing material specifications
- Coordinate with operators across all shifts on a regular basis to address production issues and develop long term strategies
- Apply value analysis to design, repair, make and buy decisions
- Coordinate the purchase of equipment, materials or parts that meet specs & quality standards
Required Skills/Qualifications (including but not limited to):
- Bachelor’s degree in related engineering field
- Must have experience working in a consumer product goods environment. 5-7 years’ experience is ideal.
- Must have past experience in a process/packaging engineering role in a food manufacturing environment. Dairy is preferred.
- Knowledge of design, specification, & implementing of packaging equipment
- Must be CI/lean manufacturing minded
- Strong communicator. Able to work well across all levels of the organization
- Ability to think outside of the box and act independently