F5 Support Engineer
- Job Title
- F5 Support Engineer
- Job ID
- Eden Prairie, MN 55344
- Other Location
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
Conexess Group is aiding a Minneapolis based client in their search for a F5 Support Engineer. This is a long term opportunity with a competitive compensation package.
******We are unable to work C2C on this role******
This position will ensure high quality security service delivery through daily monitoring of vendor performance, responsiveness to security problems, crisis management, and adherence to service levels and security service improvement initiatives. This position will be responsible for joint planning and vendor oversight for WAF security-related change activity. A person in this role is expected to respond to high impact issues on a 24x7 basis, participating in a rotating on call schedule with other team members.
- Provide tier II/tier III operational support for F5 Application Security Manager (ASM) infrastructure
- Troubleshoot and provide remediation for ASM related application incidents
- Manage the implementation and maintenance of F5 ASM polices and provide consultation on projects requiring security operational support.
- Provide planning and vendor oversight for F5 ASM related changes
- Ensure all F5 ASM security definitions are updated during scheduled releases
- Develop improved processes to improve WAF and security service reliability and availability
- Operate and improve services in accordance with business needs, priorities and SLAs.
- Drive process improvements and procedures that will improve overall Security Service Delivery to the customer.
- Ensure uniformity of security service delivery and attainment of all business and customer objectives
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
- 5+ years’ experience in F5 load balancers, including LTM and GTM , WAF, IPS\DDoS management
- Understanding of OWASP 10 vulnerabilities and industry standard mitigation practices
- Prior experience with a large enterprise network, preferably in the healthcare sector
- Knowledge of security protocols and implementations
- Experience in the use of multiple network tools, such as, SyslogNG, SevOne, Splunk, tcpdump and wireshark, for network troubleshooting
- Well versed in crisis management and root cause analysis techniques.