Business Intelligence Analyst (Python, SQL, OLTP and OLAP data models) - Contract to hire
- Job Title
- Business Intelligence Analyst (Python, SQL, OLTP and OLAP data models) - Contract to hire
- Job ID
- Farmington Hills, MI 48334
- Other Location
Title: Business Intelligence Analyst (Python, SQL, OLTP and OLAP data models)
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
The Business Intelligence Analyst will be responsible for identifying trends, analyzing data, and preparing analytical and graphical reports for executive management. This person must have strong analytical skills, understand query logic, and be effective at organizing, interpreting, and reporting data to management-level staff. The Business Intelligence Analyst will be required to create and produce daily, monthly, and ad-hoc reports, as well as have the ability to validate the integrity of the data. Reports and analysis may be required in Excel spreadsheets and graphs. As a Business Intelligence Analyst, mathematical, written, and verbal analysis of the data will be essential to the position, especially for communicating to the executive management team.
This position may also include day-to-day communication with Finance Source customers to understand, procure, and provide data. The Business Intelligence Analyst must be able to interpret requests from outside sources and create reports as needed.
- Create and interpret results of analyses from a business perspective.
- Summarize reasonable conclusions and give written and verbal summaries at team and executive meetings.
- Create ad-hoc reports as requested
- Create and maintain daily, monthly, and annual reports.
- Identify better business practices and processes.
- Participate in identifying and resolving issues with data, analysis, charts, and graphs.
- Maintain safety, security, and privacy standards throughout all areas of responsibility.
- Good understanding of data warehousing concepts, OLTP and OLAP data models, data flows, and basic transformations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products, including but not limited to: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, and Visio.
- Analytical tool knowledge (Excel/Tableau) or other business intelligence toolsets.
- Strong skill in one or more of the following languages: SQL, Python, R.
- Must be an expert in both Excel and Access.
- Salesforce.com, and Tableau experience preferred.
- Statistical background a plus.
- The ability to communicate information and ideas, both verbally and in writing, so others will understand.
- Outstanding customer service and communication skills.
- Intellectual curiosity.
- Ability to anticipate problems and solutions while maintaining a long-term, big-picture view.
- Ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented while asking the appropriate probing questions to better understand the situation.
- Ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- Ability to identify creative solutions to address the business need based on the facts and issues presented.
- Highly focused in thought and behavior.
- Ability to thrive in dynamic, fast-paced software development environment.
- Proactive, detail-oriented professional.
- Strong analytical and technical skills.
- Ability to be a team player.
- Ability to comfortably and quickly deal with business issues.
- Characterized by integrity and high professional ethics.
- Focused on the results while maintaining a sense of urgency.
Other Essential Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in Computer Science or other related field.
- 2+ years of experience.