Data Security Advisor
- Job Title
- Data Security Advisor
- Job ID
- St. Louis, MO 63134
- Other Location
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
Conexess Group is aiding a St. Louis based client in their search for a Data Security Advisor. This is a long term opportunity with a competitive compensation package.
******We are unable to work C2C on this role******
- Execute key functions of the Data Security Governance Program.
- Deliver against program deadlines and stories.
- Meet frequently with enterprise control owners to educate teams on required control activities as it relates to data security.
- Collaborate with technical teams to interpret data security requirements and design internal controls.
- Assist internal IT and Business control owners to create, document, and verify data security requirements.
- Identify and communicate internal and external audit risk through the collection and analysis of internal control evidence.
- Measure and report health of key technical controls.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field with 4-7 years relevant experience.
- Master’s degree in related field with 3-5 years of relevant experience.
- Functional understanding of data structures, data design, network segmentation, data storage, and system design
- Self- starter, action oriented, results driven.
- CISA, CIA, CISM, or CISSP preferred.
- Understanding of Agile software development methodology, computer networking and IT security.
- Strong analytical skills and strong analytic drive.
- Focus on quality and service.
- Experience working with cross-functional departments to research and resolve issues using innovative solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to meet multiple deadlines and manage a heavy workload.
- Ability to handle sensitive or confidential information is critical.
- Knowledge of audit standards, policies and procedures.
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with Management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills along with presentation skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to accommodate project deadlines.