: Sr. zOS Systems Engineer (10+ years of exp., High speed Transaction Processing experience on Mainframe) (100% Remote) - Contract
- Job Title
- : Sr. zOS Systems Engineer (10+ years of exp., High speed Transaction Processing experience on Mainframe) (100% Remote) - Contract
- Job ID
- Allen, TX 75025
- Other Location
Title: Sr. zOS Systems Engineer (10+ years of exp., High speed Transaction Processing experience on Mainframe) (100% Remote)
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
Under minimal supervision, participates in the technical design, architecture, and development of zOS based systems as a platform and strategic development of new cross platform product/services. Participates in all phases of the systems/infrastructure lifecycle and solid understanding of enterprise level environments in a Payments/Banking type domain/industry.
This team is taking on a strategic project which will build and deploy a next gen card transaction processing platform to facilitate traffic between our strategic partners and non-strategic partners as applicable. The goal is to leverage a blend of legacy technologies (such as DB2, zOS/Unix) and new technologies (such as Java, Node.js, App Dynamix) to ensure best of class products and services in both distributed and mainframe environments.
This project will leverage multiple cross-functional teams to deliver this new platform, and is comprised of many of our Dev Ops workgroups from Dev, QA, Release, PMO, Operations/Support, Hosting Operations, in addition to key corporate partners that facilitate hosting.
- Minimum of 10+ years of technical experience in Systems Engineering/Programming or related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to have deep knowledge of High-Speed Transaction Processing Systems (TPS) on the Mainframe. Experience with High Performance Memory Management, Multi-Threading, Instanced-Based Development, and Vertical and Horizontal Scaling of applications/services.
- Strong Understanding and Experience with Java-based Product Development on a zOS / System Environment.
- Strong Understanding and Experience of Node.js development on a zOS / System environment in regard to Product/App Development
- Minimum of 10 yrs. of experience as a Mainframe Systems Programmer
- Experience in installation of Mainframe 3rd Party software
- Experience in installation, maintenance and rollout of IBM Mainframe ZOS 2.2 or higher
- Experience with configuration of IBM VTS and DASD systems
- Experience with IBM EKMF
- Experience with TLS 1.2 or higher
- Solid understanding of systems architecture and cross-IBM product stack, dependencies, and overall components/tools as related to the Z.
- Strong domain/industry experience in Payments, Core Banking, Bill Pay, etc. (Financial related data)
- Solid understanding of both Mainframe and Distributed based products and service development.
- Experience in an Agile SDLC, Scrum.
- Experience with ISO 8583, or other structured data standards in Payments/Banking a plus.
- May assist less experienced peers.
- Assists with network disaster recovery initiatives. Implement solutions to streamline disaster recovery.
- Assists with the execution of test processes and scenarios, track results, and make recommendations of system fixes.
- Assists with the preparation of systems assessments or certifications.
- Maintains in-depth documentation of activities and system configuration.
- Reviews issues logs and network capacity reports to identify trends and solutions that should be implemented enterprise-wide.
- Monitors alerting systems and servers.
- Performs troubleshooting, resolution and problem analysis.
- Assists with IT functions such as design, needs analysis, evaluation, testing, in support of one or more functional areas.
- Defines and refines the methodology and standards for setup and design of infrastructure to meets the needs of the business and external customers.
- Develops and drives the infrastructure standards, processes, systems architecture, and design patterns to support business.
- Innovates, proposes, proofs, and designs new architecture or technologies or for the improvement of existing systems and applications.
- Serves as subject matter expert identifying, designing, and proposing complex infrastructure solutions and services to solve project and/or business needs.