- Job Title
- Accounting Clerk
- Job ID
- Brentwood, TN 37027
- Other Location
Job Title: Accounting Clerk
Conexess Group is aiding a local Fortune 500 client in their search 2 new accounting resources. 1 will be a straight contract to help assist with projects for 3 months. The other resource will be aiding the accounting team, this role will be a 6 month contract to hire and has the possibility to go perm based off performance.
This position is responsible for applying accounting techniques and standard practices to the classification and recording of financial transactions in support of a complete and accurate financial close cycle.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Prepare standard and specialized journal entries and financial reports (e.g., balance sheets, income statements, monthly closing reports) according to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) or other regulatory requirements.
2. Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries into accounts, such as general ledger accounts. Document business transactions.
3. Establish, maintain, and coordinate the implementation of accounting and accounting control procedures.
4. Prepare journal entries in support of expense allocations, accruals, and other routine financial transactions.
5. Post and validate general ledger activity reports to the company's internal website. 6. Research and respond to inquiries from store support center (SSC) team members as well as store, and distribution center (DC) personnel about the accuracy of journal entries and financial reports
• 2 years of general accounting experience.
• SAP experience preferred.
• Experience in a retail environment is preferred.
Other knowledge, skills or abilities:
• Proficiency using Microsoft Office is preferred.
• Deadline driven.