Sr. IT Project Manager - Banking Software - (ATM/Debit Card ISO 8583 Messaging knowledge preferred not required) (100% Remote) - Contract
- Job Title
- Sr. IT Project Manager - Banking Software - (ATM/Debit Card ISO 8583 Messaging knowledge preferred not required) (100% Remote) - Contract
- Job ID
- Allen, TX 75025
- Other Location
Title: Sr. IT Project Manager - Banking Software - (ATM/Debit Card ISO 8583 Messaging knowledge preferred not required) (100% Remote)
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
We are seeking a Sr. Project Manager to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for managing the implementation, planning, execution, control and closing of software development, integration, and infrastructure projects.
We provide ATM, Debit and Credit card processing solutions and services to financial institutions. Our services include ATM terminal driving and monitoring, fraud management solutions, card management, and award programs. We provide a single point connection from our financial institution customers to various national and regional networks to support transaction routing, real time authorizations and settlement. Our teams develop, test, implement, provide training and support for our products and services.
This team is taking on a strategic project which will build and deploy a next gen card transaction processing platform to facilitate traffic between our strategic partners and non-strategic partners as applicable. The goal is to leverage a blend of legacy technologies (such as DB2, zOS/Unix) and new technologies (such as Java, Node.js, App Dynamix) to ensure best of class products and services in both distributed and mainframe environments.
This project will leverage multiple cross-functional teams to deliver this new platform, and is comprised of many of our Dev Ops workgroups from Dev, QA, Release, PMO, Operations/Support, Hosting Operations, in addition to key corporate partners that facilitate hosting.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in Project Management for Application and Product Development.
- Experience managing highly complex projects consisting of work across multiple development platforms and various functional engineering teams.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Experience in managing software development projects within the Financial Services Industry
- Drives project work to completion through tools like project planning software.
- Superlative communication skills. Ability to balance holding team members accountable for deliverables while at the same time having the flexibility to adjust to unexpected obstacles. Ability to lead large meetings with disparate audiences.
- Ability to manage and drive multiple projects and work items simultaneously.
- Knowledge of the following domains desired:
- ISO8583 message specification
- EFT transaction messaging
- EFT transaction switching and routing
- High speed transaction processing challenges and constraints
- ATM messaging, fraud strategies, dispute processing, EFT billing and settlement
- Core banking domain and/or core CU domain
- Manages projects from initiation through delivery
- Serves as liaison between technical and non-technical departments in order to ensure all targets and requirements are met.
- Serves as liaison between vendors/partners and project team to ensure commitments and project deliverables are met.
- Ensures technical projects are completed on schedule.
- Creates, updates and maintains all project calendars.
- Monitors and tracks all escalated issues to resolution.
- Prepares and presents project reports and status for leadership review.
- Assists in the implementation of project management tools and methodologies.
- Assists in the creation of standard templates for project management deliverables.
- Provides mentoring and support to other project managers in dealing with project management issues for assigned projects.
- Assists less experienced peers.
- Meets aggressive deadlines.
- Works with personnel resources in an effective and efficient manner.
- Functions in and successfully manages demanding and stressful environments.
- Applies project management life cycle processes and company policies and procedures to resolve complex issues.
- Interacts with senior internal and external personnel.