- Job Title
- Linux Administrator
- Job ID
- St. Louis, MO 63134
- Other Location
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
Conexess Group is aiding a St. Louis, MO based client in their search for a Linux Systems Administrator. This is a long term opportunity with a competitive compensation package.
******We are unable to work C2C on this role******
The Linux Administrator has primary responsibilities as the first point of contact for core server infrastructure
- Respond to multiple channels of contact, including phone, email, instant messaging, monitoring and event management alerts, and portal submission of tickets to the IT service management tool.
- Ensure request, incident, problem, and change tickets are accurate and complete, from creation to closure
- Customer service focused with the ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and self-directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and creative problem solving abilities.
- Excellent systems troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent understanding of virtual and physical infrastructure environments.
- Excellent understanding of networking connectivity (DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, wired and wireless infrastructure).
- Excellent understanding of storage administration.
- Excellent Linux/Unix administration skills.
- Excellent Windows administration skills.
- Excellent VMware administration skills.
- Excellent scripting skills using PowerShell.
- 3+ years' experience.
- Experience with AIX or HP/UX.
- Experience with Service Now.
- Experience with Ansible.
- 5+ years' experience.
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) or Engineer (RHCSE).
- VMware VCP-DCV.