Data Engineer/ETL (SQL 12/14/16, Banking/EFT/Data Layer ISO8583) – 100% Remote - Contract
- Job Title
- Data Engineer/ETL (SQL 12/14/16, Banking/EFT/Data Layer ISO8583) – 100% Remote - Contract
- Job ID
- Allen, TX 75025
- Other Location
Title: Data Engineer/ETL (SQL 12/14/16, Banking/EFT/Data Layer ISO8583) – 100% Remote
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
Under minimal supervision, participates in the technical design and development of new .NET products or enhancements to existing product line. Participates in all phases of the development cycle: concept, initiation, technical design, prototype, code development, testing, release to QA and implementation.
This team is taking on a strategic project which will build and deploy a next gen card transaction processing platform to facilitate traffic between our strategic partners and non-strategic partners as applicable. The goal is to leverage a blend of legacy technologies (such as DB2, zOS/Unix) and new technologies (such as Java, Node.js, App Dynamix) to ensure best of class products and services in both distributed and mainframe environments.
This project will leverage multiple cross-functional teams to deliver this new platform, and is comprised of many of our Dev Ops workgroups from Dev, QA, Release, PMO, Operations/Support, Hosting Operations, in addition to key corporate partners that facilitate hosting.
- Minimum of 6 years of technical experience in data modeling and design, or development.
- Minimum of 8 years hands-on experience with enterprise class database development, focused on transactional environments w/focus around SQL 2012/2014/2016; including redundancy modeling (Disaster Avoidance/Recovery), cross data center high availability, always on, horizontal and vertical scalability, and various forms of data movement (log shipping, replication modeling, Always On, etc.)
- 5 years’+ experience with analytics, dashboard tooling, and ETL toolsets in large enterprise-based payments/banking industry.
- Experience in Banking/EFT/Financial Institution domain and based technologies; along with data layer experience w/ ISO8583 in a cutting-edge enterprise.
- Azure Cloud/Data Services experience - specifically Azure Data Factory, SQL Managed Instances, etc. Strongly preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; business, software and infra engineering, or computer science degree preferred.
- 6+ years hands-on understanding enterprise systems, infrastructure, software design and development, database design and development, and system integration experience
- Experience working collaboratively with Stakeholders, Business Analysts, Project Managers, Designers and DBAs with the common goal of delivering value to the business.
- Encryption based development via Host Security Modules and adherence to PCI compliance and requirements.
- Focused on innovation and cutting-edge technologies within a five nines environment (99.999% uptime).
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Test-Driven Development techniques.
- Work under data/solution architects to deliver enterprise class data structures and solutions and/or integration into custom product development.
- Help define data matrices, data dictionaries, data structures across various topologies (SQL Server 2016, Hadoop/Cloudera stacks, etc.)
- Complete product technical design and prototyping, data design/development, support and problem remediation.
- Understand data design patterns and enterprise design regarding data in the Payments Industry (banking, credit unions, bill pay, EFT, etc.) within both commercial off the shelf (COTS) and custom solutions.
- Experience around performance analysis at the Data/DAL layer and how to maximize performance in a highly transactional environment in the payments industry (cards, core banking, ATM, etc.)
- Provide both individual, team, and budget-level tasks and product effort estimates/costs and overall LOE regarding data efforts.
- Document technical designs, using flow charts, class diagrams, sequence diagrams, activity diagrams, data flow diagrams, database schemas, descriptive software component documentation, wireframes
- Develop and test applications based on business requirements and industry best practices.
- Creates required technical documentation, use cases, white papers, system and deployment architecture, and technical process/procedure documents for the group.
- Adheres to documented departmental and corporate standards. Participates in the definition and documentation of standards.
- Assess the risk, problem/problem resolution and impact of changes to complex solutions and the effect of hardware infrastructure change on a solution or technology.
- Budget solutions, specifically taking ownership of the proposed technical data analysis around Data.
- Reviews, coordinates, analyses and defines requirements for new development/enhancements to and maintains existing systems including new product development, customizations and enhancements