Application Development Manager
- Job Title
- Application Development Manager
- Job ID
- Nashville, 37203
- Other Location
Conexess Group Nashville is aiding a local client in their search for an Application Development Manager. In this role you will help us manage teams of developers creating SaaS-based applications that support various applications. The Development Manager will lead the development teams tasked with developing our solutions in an agile software development environment. Removing impediments to developer productivity is key, as well as driving continuous improvement throughout the development organization. The ideal candidate will have several years of experience as a senior developer in a Microsoft environment, coupled with management experience leading development teams working on B2B and B2C products.
This is a visible role that will make a tangible difference in the company's ability to grow and mature the software development function.
- Lead a team of Development professionals located primarily in remote locations
- Implement mature development processes and tools to increase predictability and efficiency of the software development function.
- Mentor the software developers. Providing technical guidance to junior team members and mature process experience to others. This includes managing any staff performance issues.
- Participate as a member of the developer interview team, assisting with the screening of applicants to open Dev roles.
- Contribute to the implementation of Jira, making recommendations on screen design and workflows.
- Produce weekly reports that show the state of a particular project/sprint from a development perspective.
- Collaborate with the QA team and business analysts in the design and testing process to maximize the end quality of the developed solutions.
- Lead efforts to identify, document, and troubleshoot for root cause and potential impact of production software defects.
- Participate in defect triage meetings (internal and client facing).
- Create and provide reports for team productivity, burn-down and defect rate.
- Participate in the drafting of responses to requests for proposals (RFPs).
- Forecast team make up based on project requirements and team productivity.
- Seasoned development skills derived from experience with multiple software companies. This must include a minimum of 5 years developing applications in .NET.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Experience as an active participant in scrum ceremonies (grooming, planning, stand-ups, retrospectives).
- Demonstrated experience with TFS (Azure DevOps) and JIRA.
- Must be able to work in the company’s office in Nashville, TN at least 2 days per week.