Driven by a Passion for Excellence
We are proud to be the leading independent Global Sales Organization serving the Meetings & Incentives marketplace, with 250+ member luxury hotels and resorts. We have a passion for our clients, a passion for our Members, and a passion to serve. If you are inspired to find out more about the exciting career opportunities at ALHI, join our talent network by creating a profile, or apply for an existing open position.
We offer the largest portfolio of 4 & 5 Diamond/Star Meeting & Incentive resorts located in the world's most desirable locations.
A Great Place To Work
- Competitive Compensation Package - Wages & Vacation/Sick/Holiday time
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability - First day of employment for eligible associates
- 401(k), with employer contributions
- Positive work culture - A diverse and dynamic team of top-level hospitality/travel professionals
Accounts Payable Specialist
- Job Title
- Accounts Payable Specialist
- Job ID
- Boston, MA MA
- Other Location
Accounts Payable Specialist
The Accounts Payable (AP) Specialist will be a key member of the Accounting team. The AP Specialist’s primary role will be to support the AP function by ensuring accurate and timely processing of AP responsibilities.
The AP Specialist must be self-motivated with an outstanding work ethic. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills, be able to work with cross-functional teams, and be a results-oriented professional.
The AP Specialist will report directly to the Global Controller.
- Timely and accurate invoice processing including printing, approval, and proper general ledger coding
- Manage vendor accounts and setup of new vendors including receipt of W-9 form from vendors
- Submit the weekly payment register for approval, ensuring all items have proper documentation and invoice approvals.
- Payment of vendors by check, ACH, wire or Netsuite file extract for upload into banking platform
- Responsible for monthly Accounts Payable close process and assist with month-end accrual process
- Responsible for select balance sheet reconciliations on a monthly basis
- Review and approve all travel and expense transactions in the company's expense system according to the Company's Travel & Expense Reimbursement Policy
- Assist with employee education on company travel and expense policy and efficient use of the T&E system
- Oversee 1099 maintenance and ensure accurate and timely filing
- Manage and respond timely to vendor and employee inquiries
- Assist with gathering documents to support auditors’ requests, when needed
- Support the accounting team in projects and other responsibilities as needed
- Streamline AP processes and work with external vendors in ensuring improvements in invoice receipt and T&E integration.
- Adhere to and maintain internal control processes surrounding vendor management and invoice processing
EDUCATION, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Associates degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 2 years Accounts Payable or other Accounting experience required
- Experience with NetSuite and Chrome River or other T&E tool preferred
- Proficient in Excel
- Strong problem-solving skills, basic accounting principles knowledge, documentation skills, research and resolution skills, data analysis and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to work independently and with a team with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
- Excellent communication skills, organizational skills, with the ability to self- manage and meet deadlines