- Job Title
- Plant Manager
- Job ID
We are working with a natural food company who is looking for a Plant Manager to help take them into their next chapter and execute on their goals in production facility located in Western NC state! The Plant Manager will have multi-site responsibility with the chance to help open another new facility due to their fast growth. This is an exciting opportunity to join the leadership team of an emerging brand with a fast-paced, entrepreneurial culture! CPG products experience required with food background at a mid-to-large scale manufacturer strongly preferred.Please apply if interested!
Duties and Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Direct & manage plant operations for production, inventory management, quality & maintenance.
- Coordinate plant activities through planning with departmental managers to insure all manufacturing objectives are accomplished in a timely & cost effective manner.
- Develop & control profits, plans, & budget.
- Implement cost effective systems of control over capital, operating expenditures, & production team
- Manage capital asset maintenance/repairs
- Establish/Monitor overall plant performance for production & quality standards.
- Control/Minimize labor overtime, premium freight, & repair expenses.
- Maintain existing plant facilities & equipment; replace, or make adjustments to plant facilities & equipment when necessary.
- Provide leadership & training to accomplish the company goals & objectives.
- Implement & maintain preventative & predictive maintenance programs.
- Lead the incorporation of LEAN manufacturing & 5S principles across the production facility.
- Comply with, enforce, and educate team members on food safety, GMPs as well as various other current or potential facility & product certifications (including: SQF, USDA Organic, Kosher, Non-GMO Project, etc.)
- Provide direction, development & leadership to junior managers and/or supervisors.
- Build & nurture team environment under quickly evolving growth curve which fosters individual growth and opportunity in alignment with the company culture
Required Skills/Qualifications (including but not limited to):
- Bachelor of Science degree desired; certification in supply chain management preferred.
- Senior management level experience in relevant supply chain management functions (multiple areas preferred) including at least 5 years in a manufacturing leadership role.
- CPG products experience required with food and beverage background at a mid-to-large scale manufacturer strongly preferred.
- Inventory control management with background in building/improving warehouse management or inventory tracking systems
- Effective project management skills, well-versed in Demand Planning that is integrated with Sales Forecasts/ERP Software
- Thorough knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices and Standard Operating Procedures within the food manufacturing industry. Strong knowledge of current FSMA regulations and experience w/ third-party certifications
- Experience with certain types of food manufacturing equipment, including vacuum pumps, motors, kettles, and mixers is preferred
- Strong team builder & coach with history of helping others achieve their potential.
- Comprehensive understanding of key supply chain processes including planning, production, logistics, and quality management.
- Strong analytical skills with solid understanding of financial data & planning.
- Able to translate detailed data & observations into fact-based performance enhancing recommendations, and effectively present to and gain buy-in from management.
- Ability to partner cross functionally to achieve desired results.
- Proven success using metrics, productivity tracking & data collection systems to drive continuous performance improvement.
- Ability to proactively manage multiple priorities in a fast paced, change oriented environment.
- Solid interpersonal, verbal, & written communication & presentation skills