- Job Title
- QA Director
- Job ID
We are working with a food processor in Central New York that is looking for a QA Director! Our client has recently gone through a large expansion and is looking for a strong quality leader. This role will head up quality and report directly to the CEO. The QAD will oversee food safety protocols, quality process standards and food labeling requirements. While also overseeing lab employee training and lab safety programs. If interested and qualified please apply!
- Comply with local and federal safety & environmental regulations through inspections, and assessments. Continually assess regulations and their impact on the company
- Maintain and establish successful working relationships with external agencies
- Lead root cause analysis investigations. Recommend and implement control measures for potential risks
- Coordinate & conduct inspections, assessments and evaluations to identify quality hazards. Conduct follow up inspections, track risks, and hazards
- Assist in raining of plant employees in quality issues and standards
- Direct company QA program
- Collaborate with regulatory inspectors & third-party auditors to ensure compliance. Lead the plant’s HACCP & SQF teams.
- Work with R&D department to ensure the safety & quality of all finished products. This includes monitoring incoming ingredients through auditing, inspection, sampling, testing, packaging and sanitation procedures.
- Collaborate with the Plant Manager, Plant Engineer and other plant management to minimize quality issues.
- Manage, train and direct QA lab staff & technical staff to ensure accurate & efficient lab practices & recording keeping
- Maintain accurate & current product formulations & manufacturing protocols for all products manufactured in the plant
- Manage pest control programs on premises and third-party warehouses.
- Manage all quality programs for international product shipments
- Accept or reject finished products based on established standards and specifications. Communicate findings & make recommendations.
- Oversee environmental pathogens monitoring programs
- Establish key performance indicators for all quality related programs within the facility
- Audit plant’s sanitation programs, evaluate documentation & maintain required records.
- Maintain an active presence on the production floor, interacting with all production employees whenever possible
- Determine, prepare & align with an annual budget for the QA department
- Establish KPIs & implement efficiencies to reduce annual quality related operating costs
The preferred candidate will have:
- 10+ years of QA experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Technology or Dairy Science is preferred
- Must have strong working knowledge in plant quality programs, regulatory compliance, food safety, labeling requirements and processing standards
- Knowledge of Ultra Performance Liquid Chromatography mass spectrometry application and procedures is a plus
- Proven history of management experience. Must be a strong leader
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Proficient with Word, PowerPoint, Excel