Interested in joining a fast-paced, results-focused company that cares about its employees and is helping shape America's housing finance industry? Essent is currently interviewing for the following open positions:
- Job Title
- Compliance Underwriter
- Requisition ID
- Radnor, PA 19087
- Other Location
Essent Guaranty, Inc. Essent Guaranty, Inc. Founded in 2008, we are a private mortgage insurer, approved by Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac and licensed nationwide. We offer private mortgage insurance, also known as mortgage guaranty insurance, MI or private MI, for single-family mortgage loans in the United States, providing private capital to mitigate mortgage credit risk for lenders and investors. This, in turn, allows lenders to make additional mortgage financing available to prospective homeowners. We are focused on managing risk and dedicated to serving as a strong and fair counterparty. As a company, we bring strong private capital and a commitment to risk management to the mortgage insurance industry. As of September 30, 2019, Essent Guaranty was in compliance with the Private Mortgage Insurer Eligibility Requirements (PMIERs). Essent is rated BBB+ by Standard and Poor's and A3 by Moody's.
Title: Compliance Underwriter
This is a remote based or onsite client facing individual contributor position which works under regular supervision and is responsible for the review and decision of mortgage insurance applications and compliance underwriting based on client guidelines for acceptable risk to Essent Guaranty and acceptability to Investors. Ability to enforce corporate credit policy while maintaining strong client relationships is the primary focus of this position. Need to meet established production and quality metrics as outlined in the individual goals established each year.
As a dynamic and resourceful professional, we will rely on you to perform the following duties:
- Underwrite mortgage insurance application files for acceptable risk based on published guidelines and credit policy. Execute tasks to meet established productivity and quality metrics, along with internal processes with coordinated communication within functional areas.
- Communicate closely with Lender clients for guideline and process clarification in addition to submission status.
- Underwrite mortgage loan applications for acceptability and adherence to specific Investor criteria and requirements. Execute tasks to meet established productivity and quality metrics Comply with Lender processes, procedures and protocol (if applicable) in coordination with Essent management.
- Provide superior customer service to our lender partners as well as our business development team and internal customers.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by management.
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or related field preferred
- Three (3) years or more of experience in frontline mortgage underwriting with specific mortgage insurance industry experience desirable
- Practical experience in mortgage underwriting and customer service required
- Encompass proficiency strongly preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite
- Superior customer service skills
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Self-motivated and highly detail oriented, required
- Excellent organizational, technical and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Capable of presenting difficult responses in a positive manner to protect client relationships
- Ability to frequently multitask
- Ability to work effectively as a part of a team and as an individual contributor
Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental, vision, 401(k) and disability benefits. We work to maintain a positive environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. Essent is an Equal Opportunity Employer.