- Job Title
- Python/AWS Engineer
- Job ID
- Portland, OR 97027
- Other Location
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
Conexess Group is aiding a Portland, OR based client in their search for a Python/AWS Engineer. This is a long term opportunity with a competitive compensation package.
******We are unable to work C2C on this role******
- Design and hands-on development of robust solutions to hard problems considering scale, security, reliability, and cost.
- Communicate with internal and external business partners to qualify and shape requirements, offering suggestions that meet business needs in a better way than described (faster/cheaper or more robust).
- Embrace our software development practices, tools, and frameworks, and also introduce/recommend new approaches where appropriate.
- Deliver needed project functionality for specific deliverables but deliver in such a way that the value is useful to the organization in the long term.
- Demonstrate a continuous-improvement mindset and commit to mastering our agile practices.
- Must have advanced skills developing with Python on the server-side.
- Experience building public RESTful interfaces and can describe the tenets of REST, compare REST to SOAP, and describe REST best practices.
- The candidate understands the tenets of protecting client data in motion and at rest as well as different techniques for authenticating and authorizing clients/consumers of service data.
- Development experience on the AWS serverless platform is highly preferred (Lambda, S3, DynamoDB, Aurora, API Gateway, SNS / SQS / AppSync, Kinesis)
- Understands core concepts of relational databases and NO SQL databases (querying, indexing, aggregation, etc)
- Experience with Functional and Unit test-based frameworks Jest, Mocha, Jasmine, Cypress, Protractor, etc).
- Developer who also has some DevOps chops: experience with CI/CD tools (Jenkins, Bamboo, Gitlab-CI, etc)
- Experience working with container-based solutions (Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift, EKS, etc)
- Experience with GIT based source control solutions (Github, Gitlab, etc), understand concepts such as rebasing, squashing, cherry-picking, and tagging.
- Candidate must be highly self-directed and motivated to take initiative.
- Comfortable with ambiguity at the start, effective at driving towards certainty.