Sr VMware Engineer (w/ Automation) (Remote)
- Job Title
- Sr VMware Engineer (w/ Automation) (Remote)
- Job ID
- St. Louis, MO 63134
- Other Location
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
Conexess Group is aiding a St. Louis based client in their search for a Sr VMware Engineer/Devops Engineer. This is a long term remote opportunity.
******We are unable to work C2C on this role******
In this role, this person will architect and deploy highly secure and efficient enterprise-class server solutions that directly support the core technologies and applications while collaborating with various infrastructure and applications teams and internal customers to provide a stable environment to the enterprise. The Engineer should be a technical expert for Ansible ecosystem & DevOps practices, providing solutions and technical implementation aligned with the automation program objectives of the particular rollout.
- Develop, configure and administer DevOps and IT automation solutions. Understand and remediate complex issues and topologies of large enterprises
- Provide technical support to IT ops around automation solution usage Skills Strong experience with Ansible Experience in Ruby, Python, PL/SQL, PowerShell, and Bash Experience with Kickstart, Firewalls, Hypervisors and Routers Log mining & analytics using Splunk Expert level RHEL 6, RHEL 7, Windows 2012 and Windows 2016 System Administration Deep understanding of PostgreSQL, Oracle, Apache, Tomcat and Nginx Expert level understanding and implementation of RESTful, SOAP and SDK APIs Good understanding of Jenkins, Git, Chef Comfortable with frequent, incremental code, testing and deployment. Ability to adapt to a changing and dynamic environment.
- Basic Understanding in Data science practices and patterns
- Support and administration of the VMware environment (VMware 6.5+) including administration and configuration of vCenter
- Support and administration of the VMware vRealize Operation Manager platform including the creation of custom dashboards, custom alert configuration, capacity management, reporting, and workload optimization
- Support and administration of vRealize Automation and vRealize Orchestrator supporting self-serve, automated server deployments across the enterprise
- Support and administration of Blue Medora and Log Insight
- Develop and deploy highly available server solutions through collaboration with internal teams and customers, vendors, and other stakeholders
- Maintain knowledge of systems engineering principles, methods, and techniques as well as knowledge of associated hardware, software, and equipment
- Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures, with an awareness of HIPPA, SOC2, and other compliance requirements while developing solutions
- Support the EOCC, Server Support, and Server Operations teams as needed for escalation of technical issues
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline (or equivalent experience)
- Extensive experience with full suite of VMware technologies
- vRealize Operations Manager
- vRealize Automation
- vRealize Orchestrator
- Experience with Windows Server operating systems up to and including Windows Server 2016 a plus
- Experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux up to and including RHEL 7.5
- Experience with automation/configuration management tools (Chef, Ansible, Puppet, Salt, etc.) a plus