City Personnel is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
Pre & Closing Paralegal
- Job Title
- Pre & Closing Paralegal
- Job ID
- Providence, RI
- Other Location
An established law firm in the Providence area is in need of a top-notch Pre & Closing Paralegal. An ideal candidate must be a professional, highly motivated, articulate, and organized individual with a positive attitude. Must also be able to manage multiple priorities, pay attention to detail, and work well under pressure. Previous experience in the area of Residential and Commercial Real Estate law necessary.
Responsibilities and Duties of the Pre & Closing Paralegal:
- Preparing legal documents and correspondence, including pleadings, briefs, summonses, complaints, motions, and subpoenas from draft or dictation
- Maintain filing system both electronically and paper
- Maintain attorney calendar and deadline reminders, including planning and scheduling conferences, depositions, court appearance dates, etc.;
- Open new files and perform conflict checks
- Deposition and other dates in the firm’s calendar
- Scan orders, pleadings, discovery, etc. to electronic files
- Provide back-up assistance when necessary to other team members.
Qualifications and Skills of the Pre & Closing Estate Paralegal:
- Must have 2+ years of recent paralegal experience with an emphasis in Real Estate with title closings, and deed experience
- Prior experience with mortgage companies and realtors is helpful
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Word and Outlook
- Formatting documents and filing documents (both electronically and paper), including federal court e-filing proficiency
- Ability to coordinate projects, meet deadlines, and implement priorities with minimal supervision/direction.
If you are interested in this position and have the experience required, please submit your resume.
Video interviewing now available! In consideration of recent events regarding the Covid-19 virus, City Personnel is offering video interviewing in lieu of an in-person interview.
City Personnel, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we do not discriminate against applicants due to race, national origin, religion, marital status, veteran status, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact us.
- Required Skills