Engagement/Program Manager (SCRUM/Agile & Waterfall) (100% Remote Option with 60% Travel) - Contract to hire
- Job Title
- Engagement/Program Manager (SCRUM/Agile & Waterfall) (100% Remote Option with 60% Travel) - Contract to hire
- Job ID
- Ann Arbor, MI 48108
- Other Location
Title: Engagement/Program Manager (SCRUM/Agile & Waterfall) (100% Remote - 60% Travel)
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Must have project management/engagement management experience for large programs
- Use a combination of technical, leadership and business expertise to lead multiple programs
- Assess client situation and define approach, structure and plan for new engagements
- Ability to talk “tech” and leverage technical knowledge (ie Java, React, firewalls, environments, etc.) to plan and ensure the solution will achieve the desired outcome
- Ensure high quality delivery and exceed customer expectations
- Proactively mitigate high impact risks to prevent them from turning into issues and support efforts to manage and resolve critical issues
- Strategic thinking, teamwork, ability to influence, strong analytical and problem-solving skills, a high level of professionalism, the ability to multi-task, and strong attention to detail
- Ensure efforts are coordinated and consistent across remote, onsite, client, and 3rd party resources
- Manages and leads a program involving multiple functions and project teams to drive the engineering development and implementation process for a product or service offering.
- Develops and directs development of schedules, critical deliverables, budget, resource allocation plan, and other support requirements for assigned program.
- Manages activities of supporting project teams and internal development partners; ensures progress against established plan and makes determinations based on analysis of business information to alter or update schedule and resource allocation to meet product requirements and development schedule.
- Communicates program progress, escalations, and issue analysis to product stakeholders; collaborates with management and internal manufacturing and development partners to recommend and implement changes to product, processes, or business practices to resolve escalated issues, produce solutions, and ensure adherence to budgets and established product roadmaps and schedules
- Drives innovation and integration of new technologies and quality initiatives into projects and activities in the manufacturing and/or engineering organization.
- Demand and promote insight & customer value driven innovation
- Be able to adeptly ideate and arbitrate as needed with architects, designers, developers and stakeholders.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Deep technical experience and understanding of all the components that create a solution and come together to achieve a successful end result
- Love organizing and bringing people and plans together
- Experience working with distributed teams in Agile methodology
- SCRUM Certification highly preferable
- Excellent leadership and communications skills
- Overall understanding of application development processes/methodologies
- Ability to formulate and implement a strategy of how project objectives can be met in the right sequence by a group of people with unique skills
- Must have project management/engagement management experience for large programs.
- Personal attributes include strong work ethic, passion for what you are doing, detail oriented, and a sense of urgency
- Proven experience earning credibility with developers with your technical chops
- Comfortable with ambiguity and finding the path forward
- Passion for learning and growing
- Strong proven experience with leading and managing projects
- Strong understanding of various software development methodologies, including Agile
- Sound decision making and critical thinking skills
- Ability to effectively communicate at all levels of the organization; Ability to facilitate problem resolution within all levels of an organization and across organizations
- Excellent writing and communication skills with equal ability to talk to engineers, senior executives, partners, and customers
- Solid organizational skills, including attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
- Experience with major consulting organizations (e.g. Accenture, Deloitte, PWC, CapGemini, etc) is preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related discipline. Master's is preferred.