Senior Accessibility Consultant
- Job Title
- Senior Accessibility Consultant
- Job ID
- St. Louis, MO 63134
- Other Location
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
Conexess Group is aiding a St. Louis based client in their search for a Senior Accessibility Consultant. Our client is also open to remote candidates.
******We are unable to work C2C on this role******
- Act as technical accessibility SME liaison to the Software Engineering and QA teams.
- Advocate for and educate technology teams about accessibility best practices.
- Conduct and support accessibility testing efforts, automated and manual.
- Document technical accessibility best practices for the organization to adhere to.
- Analyze existing applications for accessibility issues and work with developers and designers to define and implement solutions.
- Work with diverse team of product owners, UX designers, and developers in fast paced environment, with quick iterative cycles.
- Support development of an accessibility data and measurement program.
- Conduct accessibility-focused qualitative research using a variety of methods including user testing, interviews, surveys, artifact research (chat, call, email transcripts, etc.), journal studies, etc.
- 5+ years of experience in accessible (508/WCAG) analysis, design
- 5+ development and/or testing
- Subject Matter Expertise in WCAG 2.0, Section 508, ADA, other accessibility laws and standards
- Knowledge of correct use and limitations of WAI-ARIA (Accessible Rich Internet Applications) in web application development
- Passion for making websites and applications accessible to all users
- Thorough, methodical, and creative with extreme attention to detail
- Understanding of SDLC and the technical and business challenges that come with development of a product Understanding of UX, design techniques and principles
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Social science research methods (e.g. usability, surveys, observation), qualitative and quantitative data analysis, foundational statistics
- Data visualization and presentation skills (in addition to analysis and research skills)