Interested in joining a fast-paced, results-focused company that cares about its employees and is helping shape America's housing finance industry? Essent is currently interviewing for the following open positions:
Client Services Specialist
- Job Title
- Client Services Specialist
- Requisition ID
- Winston Salem, NC 27104
- Other Location
Essent Guaranty, Inc. Founded in 2008, we are a private mortgage insurer, approved by Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac and licensed nationwide. We offer private mortgage insurance, also known as mortgage guaranty insurance, MI or private MI, for single-family mortgage loans in the United States, providing private capital to mitigate mortgage credit risk for lenders and investors. This, in turn, allows lenders to make additional mortgage financing available to prospective homeowners. We are focused on managing risk and dedicated to serving as a strong and fair counterparty. As a company, we bring strong private capital and a commitment to risk management to the mortgage insurance industry. As of September 30, 2019, Essent Guaranty was in compliance with the Private Mortgage Insurer Eligibility Requirements (PMIERs). Essent is rated BBB+ by Standard and Poor's and A3 by Moody's.
Title: Client Services Specialist
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
This is an individual contributor position which works under regular supervision and is responsible for the timely and accurate analysis, coordination and processing of all transactions relating to commitments and certificates of insurance. The incumbent is also responsible for maintaining positive and productive relationships with lenders/servicers, borrowers and Account Executive.
As a dynamic and resourceful professional, we will rely on you to perform the following duties:
- Master Policy Administration
- Review master policy application and submit to Risk Manager for approval. Establish hard copy and automated master policy files and maintain accurate information. Order supplies for new master policyholders.
- Maintain correct Account Executive of record as assigned by Marketing for all active master policies.
- Review, research and process corporate mergers, name changes and servicing mergers.
- Certificate/Commitment Administration
- Review, research and process individual certificate, global, and batch transfers.
- Review endorsement requests and change commitment/certificate records to reflect updated information. Research records for verification of information when necessary.
- Work with Account Executives, lenders and servicers to assist in the reinstatement of terminated policies and to reduce the number of terminated policies for the upcoming month.
- Review, research, and respond to requests, inquiries, and problems from lenders/servicers, borrowers and Account Executives.
- Review, sort and distribute monthly reports to Account Executives, lenders and servicers. Review and process changes received back.
- Payment/Billing Processing
- Review payment histories for possible reinstatement of coverage. Make determination if Essent should accept or deny risk. Update all appropriate records.
- Receive, review, and process premium overpayments.
- Review and research as necessary all premium invoices and monies received on a daily basis. Balance premiums received. Prepare deposit records and deposit monies in bank.
- Work with Accounting on daily premium deposits and monthly balancing to include checks, wires, ACH drafts and return items.
- Set-up new servicers to promote the use of tape and EDI billing submissions. Review, research and resolve billing changes and/or problems. Coordinate between Tech Services and Servicer.
- Support Essent’s Internet site “On-Line Servicing” in the following manner: a) add new servicers, b) resolve access issues, c) assist in development and testing of new enhancements.
- Research and review production issues and initiate tech requests. Test changes made as a result of such issues.
- Plans and monitors daily workflow as necessary.
- Back-up all departmental positions as necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma/GED, Associate, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Three (3) years or more of customer service experience
- Experience in an administrative position either in an accounting role or financial institution is preferred
- Experience in insurance processing preferred
- Ability to work overtime as required
- Available to work rotating shifts between the hours of 8am-8pm EST
- Extensive knowledge of billing and collections and/ or customer service
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work productively as part of a team and as an individual contributor
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications, such as Word Excel and Outlook
- Excellent Organizational and time management skills
Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental, vision, 401(k) and disability benefits. We work to maintain a positive environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. Essent is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Master Policy Administration