Xenia Systems is currently hiring for a variety of opportunities. Please see our open positions below and apply for those opportunities that are interest. If you do not see a position matching your skill sets, please feel free to send your resume to Jobs@XeniaSystems.com
VDOT Project Manager
- Job Title
- VDOT Project Manager
- Job ID
- Richmond, VA 23219
- Other Location
Xenia Systems is seeking an experienced Project Manager to support the Virginia Department of Transportation in the Richmond, VA area. The candidate will be well versed in, and has led, both Traditional and Agile project methodologies. The incumbent candidate will be responsible for successfully planning, leading, organizing, and motivating diverse project teams throughout all phases of the Commonwealth of Virginia’s Project Management Standard: select, initiate, plan, execution and control, and closeout – ultimately delivering projects that provide exceptional business value to the Commonwealth’s internal and external stakeholders.
- Assist in team development while holding teams accountable for their commitments and removing roadblocks to their work.
- Facilitate multi-disciplinary teams in the development of plans, goals, objectives, policies, and procedures for completion of a project.
- Oversee and manage execution and/or coordination of day-to-day project activities as required.
- Manage working relationships with key stakeholders, including executive management, business management, vendors, project sponsors, suppliers, and technology management.
- Set project goals that are consistent with business objectives.
- Track and communicate project’s progress from a schedule, cost, and risk perspective to the project team, customers, and project stakeholders.
- Adapt project specifications, plans, and approach to the different concerns and expectations of stakeholders.
- Monitor progress by third-party vendors, and define and measure their progress with metrics.
- Develop and maintain project budget, plans, tasks, schedules, risks, and status, to include resource allocation and schedules.
- Adhere to VDOT and VITA project management practices and governance requirements.
- Additional duties/responsibilities as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
- Strong experience in developing, executing, and managing third-party /vendor-led projects.
- Strong experience in leading the development, solicitation, and execution of RFI’s, RFP’s, SOR’s, and SOW’s.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and decision-making skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills including mentoring, coaching, collaborating, and team building.
- Strong verbal/written communication skills with the demonstrated ability to simplify and communicate complex issues to multiple audiences.
- Ability to work with customers, understand their business practices, and manage their expectations.
- Ability to lead others to implement new approaches, systems, structures and methods.
- Ability to balance both business and technical backgrounds in order to provide highly credible leadership to technology teams.
- Ability to define and balance the competing demands for quality, scope, schedule, and cost.
- Ability to analyze and document business and system processes.
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle models as well as expert knowledge of both Agile and Traditional project management principles and practices. In addition, the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a particular project and business environment.
- Knowledge of process engineering and re-engineering techniques and practices.
- Experience with SAFe methodologies on enterprise-level application development projects.
- Fluency in project management tools such as Microsoft Project, Visio, and Office.
- PMP and CSM Certification.
- PMI-ACP, SAFe Certifications preferred.