Technical Product Owner (Remote)
- Job Title
- Technical Product Owner (Remote)
- Job ID
- St. Louis, MO 63134
- Other Location
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
Conexess Group is aiding a Fortune 100 client in their search for a Remote Technical Product Owner. This is a long term opportunity with a competitive compensation package. The role can sit remotely in the US, but would require occasional travel, and must work 8am-5pmCST hours.
******We are unable to work C2C on this role******
The Technical Product Owner owns all aspects of their technical products, leading business value creation and managing overall product health. The Product Owner understands business and technology objectives, communicates the product vision and roadmap, and prioritizes and translates needs into requirements to ensure that expected outcomes are achieved. Ideal candidate will have a hybrid background that has technical project management skills as well as technical product ownership experience.
- Collaborate with disparate stakeholder groups to identify, understand, and capture the functional needs of product stakeholders and define non-functional requirements to ensure value is delivered.
- Identify and monitor tech product health metrics (e.g. KPIs, defect trends, compliance and security) to ensure business outcomes.
- Ensure recommended amount of team capacity is utilized for improving technical product health and driving down technical debt (e.g. integration and deployment of tooling, test automation, etc.).
- Effective and organized verbal communicator as 90% of this job is facilitating or participating in meetings and most are done via WebEx,
- Demonstrable ability to negotiate with peers, resources and leadership to effectively prioritize the work
- The ability to demonstrate a firm understanding of agile to include the terminology as well as the actual process to which the terminology is applied
- Help the team demo completed work to product stakeholders.
- Own or contribute to the technical product roadmap.
- Communicating needs and enabling teams to deliver quality products.
- Communicate business needs, write definition-of-ready user stories, and incorporate architectural changes recommended by engineering.
- Maintain groomed backlog for business stakeholder priorities, ensuring the greatest value is delivered soonest.
- Actively participate in team retrospectives, finding ways for the team to incrementally improve.
- Leverages agility tools (e.g. Jira) and implements strategies to optimize team performance and achieve overall department objectives (e.g. manage story aging, manage WIP, epic size/throughput, etc.).
- Ensure team's work creates iterative value (e.g. supports the completion of MVPs/Epics in concert with other teams).
- Manage unaddressed issues and determine resolutions.