Software Architect (Java, SOA, J2SE, J2EE Architectural Concepts) - Contract to Hire
- Job Title
- Software Architect (Java, SOA, J2SE, J2EE Architectural Concepts) - Contract to Hire
- Job ID
- Farmington Hills, MI 48336
- Other Location
Title: Software Architect (Java, SOA, J2SE, J2EE Architectural Concepts)
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
Architects are an important part of a well-functioning team. Architects work closely with the Development team, providing mentorship through technical guidance, pair development, code review feedback, and assistance in debugging issues. Product Owners and Product Managers also work closely with our Architects to refine requirements, identify risk, define solutions, and estimate tasks. As part of our team you will be challenged to deliver secure, reliable, and scalable solutions to our web and back office applications. Architects must be fluent in Java and commonly used Java libraries and familiar with modern front and back end development practices with an eye towards code quality and maintainability. You should understand data structures, relational databases, messaging and service oriented architecture. You should also have the ability to quickly grasp new languages, frameworks, and APIs. Architects should portray a genuine passion for building simple, powerful solutions to complex problems to make a real world difference.
- Evaluate technologies, best practices, and patterns in the best interest for design of solutions.
- Create proof-of-concept level prototypes to assist in solution determination and estimation.
- Coordinate cross-team development changes and vision through active participation in community of practice events.
- Champion code reviews, enforcing and creating support for best-in-class code clarity, quality, and maintainability.
- Support developer workspaces and deployed environments.
- Assist with issue resolution and root cause analysis as needed.
- Act as the technical domain expert for your products and assist with hiring technical talent as needed.
- Maintain safety, security, and privacy standards throughout all areas of responsibility.
- Understanding of security concepts with a focus on web application security.
- Familiarity with the Spring core and MVC frameworks.
- Understanding of design patterns, domain-driven design, and test-driven development.
- Knowledge of popular Agile software development processes.
- A solid understanding of maintainable software development principles.
- Knowledge of messaging or distributed caching.
- Architecture experience with synchronous and/or asynchronous messaging constructs, standards, and technologies such as MQ Series, SOAP, SOA, and HTTP messaging.
- Experience in performance tuning J2EE applications a plus.
- Experience using version control systems such as Git, CVS, or SVN.
- Experience with automated build systems.
- Experience in applying appropriate Automation Test Strategy.
- Ability to think critically and communicate effectively in a team environment.
- Problem solver with a strong solution focus.
- Ability to inspire others towards technical excellence.
Other Essential Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Sciences or related field, advanced degrees preferred.
- 8+ years of experience as a software engineer.
- Demonstrated success in delivering products to launch.
- Deep understanding of the user experience essential to delivering successful web-based applications and the technologies required to build them.