Learning Experience Designer (Remote)
- Job Title
- Learning Experience Designer (Remote)
- Job ID
- Denver, CO
- Other Location
This position will work with faculty and instructional staff to design and develop creative applications of digital and multimedia resources to create successful online teaching and learning deliverables.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
As a team, we focus on learner experience in our process as well as our product. We are proud to partner with institutions of Higher Education across the country to deliver high quality, innovative, and effective online courses and programs. The Learner Experience Designer / Course Developer will work collaboratively within the team to develop online materials that equip learners with resources and activities necessary to successfully meet course objectives. This position will also be responsible for the design of instruction to include the refinement of course / unit objectives, sequencing of materials, creation of assessments, and activity design.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
The successful candidate will be knowledgeable in current and emerging instructional pedagogies, adult learning theories, learning outcome assessment, project management strategies, game-based learning, and learning management systems
In addition to knowledge, the candidate must be able to use these pedagogies, theories, and processes to create a vision and transform that vision into engaging instructional strategies and resources. Solutions must be comprehensive, creative and geared for accessible graphics, video and multimedia production and the individual must have the ability to produce these solutions. The individual should be able to work without close supervision, provide project management at the course level, motivate faculty to stay on-track with deliverables, have excellent verbal and written skills, and be able to pay strong attention to detail.
The candidate should be prepared to present a portfolio of examples of courses or learning materials that they have designed.
• Master’s degree
• Two years of full-time experience, or equivalent, in one or more of the following areas: consulting for and development of instructional resources; working with faculty and instructors; training faculty and instructors in best practices for use of technology to support instruction; creating digital and online instructional resources; teaching at the college or university level; using course management systems
• Knowledge of software and hardware used in technology-based instruction including Learning Management Systems.
• Demonstrated skill in online course development, video production, webpage/website development and graphic design/layout.
• Experience with media or learner experience development. This should include hands on experience with key software packages related to multimedia development, digital video, web site design, graphic design, and web/media accessibility and usability.
• Experience with Federal section 508 & W3C standards and accessible design techniques.
• Familiar with Copyright and Fair Use.
• Doctoral degree in instructional technology, instructional design or related field
• Experience in online course design for Higher Education
• Quality Matters Certification
• Experience either teaching or taking online instruction