- Job Title
- Cobol Developer
- Job ID
- St. Louis, MO 63134
- Other Location
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
Conexess Group is aiding a St. Louis based client in their search for a Cobol Developer. This is a long term opportunity with a competitive compensation package.
******We are unable to work C2C on this role******
Evaluate complex user requests, projects, and clarify objectives and requirements for new or modified computer programs. Determine feasibility, cost and time required, compatibility with current system, and system capabilities. Prepare project documentation when needed. Evaluate error messages, modify code and troubleshoot programming problems.
- Write documentation describing program development, logic, coding, and corrections using JIRA.
- Participate in the development of user manuals and operating procedures
- Provide assistance to IT team members with issues needing technical expertise or systems and / or programming knowledge.
- Ability to work in an Agile scrum methodology with timeboxed Sprint deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize work load and meet project deadlines.
- Ability to adapt in a dynamic work environment and make independent decisions.
- Familiarity with health care industry very helpful.
- Designs and develops a consolidated, conformed enterprise data warehouse and data lake which store all critical data
- Designs, develops and implements methods, processes, tools and analyses to sift through large amounts of data stored in a data warehouse or data mart to find relationships and patterns.
- Participates in the delivery of the definitive enterprise information environment that enables strategic decision-making capabilities across enterprise via an analytics and reporting.
- Developing, testing and maintaining new and existing code base
- Translating high level requirements into functioning software
- 5+ years COBOL experience
- Experience with batch and screen programming
- Experience working with Agile methodologies
- Experience with Jira and Confluence
- Knowledge of Stratus Technology and Stratus COBOL
- Willingness and ability to learn/us new technologies
- Providing On-call production support