CAE System Simulation & Modeling Expert (GT-Suite)
- Job Title
- CAE System Simulation & Modeling Expert (GT-Suite)
- Job ID
- Novi, MI 48377
- Other Location
Title: CAE System Simulation & Modeling Expert (GT-Suite)
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
Use mathematical modeling, CAE tools and thermodynamic principles to assess automotive thermal system performance including cabin interior and powertrain thermal system performance. Provide design guidance to product development engineers to optimize performance, improve quality and achieve or exceed customer targets.
- Support efforts to obtain new business through accurate and detailed CAE system simulations, customer presentations and technology reviews while protecting our intellectual property.
- Work closely with product development engineering to offer timely solutions that positively impact project costs, timing, quality, and customer satisfaction.
- Develop, deploy and document CAE methodologies for automotive heat pump and refrigeration systems using GT-Suite.
- Conduct correlation and calibration studies in collaboration with engineering and testing operations.
- Continuously work to improve the CAE system modeling accuracy, decrease turnaround time and enhance capability.
- Participate and effectively explain CAE system modeling results and conclusions in project meetings with engineering and customers and technical design reviews.
- Adhere to department and CAE team organizational processes.
- Effectively communicate with internal and external partners, work collaboratively with other teams and follows manager’s instructions.
Years of Experience:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience is required for a Bachelor’s degree.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience is required for a Master’s or PhD degree.
- A Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD degree in engineering or equivalent is required.
Required Competencies, Experience, & Qualifications:
- Familiarity with the operation, function and testing of automotive air conditioning, heat pump, heating and cooling systems and components.
- Understanding of the refrigeration cycle and single and two phase thermodynamic and heat transfer processes, particularly as applied to automotive systems and components.
- Proficiency in use of one or more 1D modeling tools (GT-Suite, FloMASTER, Dymola, etc.) to develop, debug and calibrate models which will predict the performance of single and two phase automotive heating and cooling systems, heat exchangers and vehicle interior cabins.
- Effective time management, written and oral communication skills. Willingness to learn and teach / mentor. Seeks and provides feedback with engineering teams and leadership. Is capable to delegate tasks and motivate co-workers.