Advanced Thermal Systems & Innovation Engineer (Refrigerant/Refrigeration Sub Systems)
- Job Title
- Advanced Thermal Systems & Innovation Engineer (Refrigerant/Refrigeration Sub Systems)
- Job ID
- Novi, MI 48377
- Other Location
Title: Advanced Thermal Systems & Innovation Engineer (Refrigerant/Refrigeration Sub Systems)
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
This position will be responsible for providing technical leadership within the Global Advanced team in all aspects of the business as we continue work and develop advanced thermal systems solutions and new concepts in support of electrified vehicles and the autonomous age. This includes but is not limited to the identification of new ideas, prove out and validation of said ideas and new business pursuit.
- Possess a creative/inventor mind to help in the identification of new and innovative ideas to support our customer’s thermal requirements.
- Act in support of regional customer base in North American for advanced refrigerant and application projects. This would include all current and future refrigerants (R134a, R1234yf, AC6, R744, etc.) and refrigeration applications (heat pump, battery electric vehicles and hybrid electric vehicles).
- Demonstrate technical strengths of the company at local and corporate levels, both with internal and external customers. This would include key presenter at engineering technology events, liaison with current and future customers.
- Expert knowledge in heat pump systems, electrified and autonomous vehicles
- Demonstrate the ability to act as technical lead to provide timely issue resolution that positively impacts project cost, quality, timing and customer satisfaction.
- Possess a working knowledge of vehicle systems, sub-systems and component deliverables to develop effective thermal system solutions.
- Provide technical leadership to component teams to ensure their product integrates well into the vehicle/sub-system.
- Exhibit excellent communication skills both written and oral as well as the ability to work as an effective cross-functional team member.
- Candidate is required to have a minimum of a BS in Engineering. Preferred candidate would possess a MS degree and/or a PhD.
- Preferred candidate to have a minimum of 5 years of applicable experience with a BS degree or 3 years of experience with a MS degree or a PhD. Experience however is not a hard requirement provided schooling is related to Thermal Systems and refrigerant systems.
Desired Competencies and Experience:
- Simulation/modeling experience using GT Suite, DYMOLA or equivalent tools
- Extensive experience in refrigerant sub-systems application including integration into the vehicle
- High level of proficiency in the basics of refrigerant thermodynamics and heat transfer principles
- Possess expert problem solving and root cause analysis skills
- Able to assess testing results at a system or sub-system level and provide root cause analysis and corrective actions
- Familiarity of with a full range of automotive customers and engineering specifications
- Computer skills and proficiency including the ability to guide and interpret CAE results and system design
- High sense of urgency and commitment to meeting deadlines
- Demonstrate effective communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong ability to interface with the customer
- Demonstrate the ability to work globally and cross culturally
- Ability to multitask and manage several projects simultaneously
- Demonstrate the ability to lead engineering reviews including Technical Design Reviews
- Possess ability to both teach, consult and mentor others
- Willing to support others when questions, consulting or advice is required