IT Security & Compliance Advisor
- Job Title
- IT Security & Compliance Advisor
- Job ID
- Nashville, TN 37219
- Other Location
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
Conexess Group is aiding a Nashville based client in their search for an IT Security & Compliance Advisor. This is a long term opportunity with a competitive compensation package.
******We are unable to work C2C on this role******
The Security Compliance Advisor role is primarily responsible for executing critical risk and compliance reviews of information systems for regulatory compliance including HIPAA. This will include identification and documentation of key controls, aiding in the development of test strategies, test plans, and documentation of identified control deficiencies. This role will work closely with Information System Experts, Infrastructure, Development and Project Management teams, and ensure technology regulatory compliance and continued process improvements.
To be successful in this role, the ideal candidate must be comfortable building relationships and possess foundational technical audit competency. Prior experience conducting IT assurance audits (SOX, SOC-1, SOC-2, and HIPAA) is preferred.
- Identifies, documents and maintains repository of in-scope applications, locations and IT controls
- Executes HIPAA-based assessments of internal and external systems
- Develops strong relationships with IT process/control owners
- Understands and communicates success/fail criteria of IT controls
- Identifies and documents changes in IT environment
- Identifies weaknesses in internal controls and opportunities to enhance operational efficiencies
- Supports and tracks control remediation activities
- Monitors on-going regulatory compliance for IT controls through internal assurance reporting
- Engages closely with business partners
- Understands the impact of changes in the regulatory landscape
- Performs readiness reviews and risk assessments
- Optimizes processes for testing and reporting on effectiveness of IT controls
- At least 3 years of IT audit, IT risk management or IT compliance experience with a Bachelor's Degree in computer related field or equivalent (Big 4 experience preferred)
- Strong knowledge of cyber controls regulations such as HIPAA
- Certification in information security, risk, and/or audit (CISA, CRISC, CISM, or equivalent) preferred
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to communicate with internal/external entities a must
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate people and teams to project/activity completion and the ability to work in a team environment, sharing workloads and responsibilities
- Customer service-oriented; Ability to work in a flexible environment where requirements and procedures continuously evolve