Interested in joining a fast-paced, results-focused company that cares about its employees and is helping shape America's housing finance industry? Essent is currently interviewing for the following open positions:
Mortgage Loan Quality Assurance Analyst (Underwriting related)
- Job Title
- Mortgage Loan Quality Assurance Analyst (Underwriting related)
- Requisition ID
- Winston Salem, NC 27104
- Other Location
- Winston-Salem, NC or Radnor, PA
Essent Guaranty, Inc. Essent Guaranty, Inc. Founded in 2008, we are a private mortgage insurer, approved by Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac and licensed nationwide. We offer private mortgage insurance, also known as mortgage guaranty insurance, MI or private MI, for single-family mortgage loans in the United States, providing private capital to mitigate mortgage credit risk for lenders and investors. This, in turn, allows lenders to make additional mortgage financing available to prospective homeowners. We are focused on managing risk and dedicated to serving as a strong and fair counterparty. As a company, we bring strong private capital and a commitment to risk management to the mortgage insurance industry. As of September 30, 2019, Essent Guaranty was in compliance with the Private Mortgage Insurer Eligibility Requirements (PMIERs). Essent is rated BBB+ by Standard and Poor's and A3 by Moody's.
Title: Mortgage Loan Quality Assurance Analyst (Underwriting related)
Location: Winston-Salem, NC or Radnor, PA
This is an individual contributor position which works under regular supervision and is responsible for completing Quality Assurance Reviews.
As a dynamic and resourceful professional, we will rely on you to perform the following duties:
- Complete quality assurance files reviews for certified loans underwritten under Delegated or Non-Delegated authority. This entails completing a re-underwrite of the loan file for acceptable risk based on published guidelines/credit policy, and a review of completed re-verifications.
- Complete second level reviews on loans cited with any level of defect by the third party vendor.
- Complete re-verifications of occupancy, employment/income, and funds for loan closing as required and make referrals to the Special Investigations Unit (SIU) as appropriate.
- Assist with the preparation of executive level reporting of QA results on a monthly basis, and communicate results to both internal and external customers.
- Maintain a strong knowledge of Agency, USPAP and Essent guidelines/eligibility requirements.
- Participate in system testing and enhancement requirements as part of a coordinated corporate effort.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by management.
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma/GED; Bachelor’s in Business Administration or related field is preferred
- Mortgage insurance experience is preferred
- Three (3) years or more of experience in the mortgage banking industry with specific mortgage insurance industry experience desired
- Practical experience in Conventional mortgage underwriting and/or quality assurance required
- Ability to travel as needed
- Knowledgeable of all Agency underwriting guidelines
- Proficient in Microsoft applications such as Word and Excel
- Strong appraisal review skills and knowledge of USPAP requirements
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and detail oriented
- Excellent organizational, technical and customer service skills
- Ability to present difficult responses/findings in a consultative manner while preserving client relationships
Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental, vision, 401(k) and disability benefits. We work to maintain a positive environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. Essent is an Equal Opportunity Employer.