Interested in joining a fast-paced, results-focused company that cares about its employees and is helping shape America's housing finance industry? Essent is currently interviewing for the following open positions:
- Job Title
- Seasonal Underwriter
- Requisition ID
- Other Location
Essent Guaranty, Inc. Founded in 2008, we are a private mortgage insurer, approved by Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac and licensed nationwide. We offer private mortgage insurance, also known as mortgage guaranty insurance, MI or private MI, for single-family mortgage loans in the United States, providing private capital to mitigate mortgage credit risk for lenders and investors. This, in turn, allows lenders to make additional mortgage financing available to prospective homeowners. We are focused on managing risk and dedicated to serving as a strong and fair counterparty. As a company, we bring strong private capital and a commitment to risk management to the mortgage insurance industry. As of September 30, 2019, Essent Guaranty was in compliance with the Private Mortgage Insurer Eligibility Requirements (PMIERs). Essent is rated BBB+ by Standard and Poor's and A3 by Moody's.
Essent Seasonal Underwriter Program
Essent is excited to offer a Seasonal Underwriter opportunity which is ideal for individuals looking for short term employment. We are looking for underwriters who are effective at meeting quality and production goals while working independently from a home office (remote).
This position will perform high quality residential mortgage underwriting for mortgage insurance services during our peak season (March-September). We are searching for mortgage insurance and/or mortgage loan underwriting professionals to be responsible for the review and decision of mortgage insurance applications for acceptable risk to Essent Guaranty as well as provide exceptional customer service. Opportunity for overtime may be available upon completion of training. As part of our application process, individuals are required to pass an online underwriting assessment.
Advantages enjoyed by Essent Seasonal Underwriters:
- Seasonal employment – March to September.
- All equipment is supplied by Essent.
- New team members receive extensive risk-based underwriting training which provides a foundation for success.
- Management and help desk support will be available during working hours.
As a dynamic and resourceful professional, we will rely on you to perform the following duties:
- Underwrite mortgage insurance application files for acceptable risk based on published guidelines. Execute tasks to meet established productivity and quality metrics.
- Work closely with Lenders, Essent BD Team members and appropriate manager for guideline and process clarification in addition to effectively communicating loan level decisions.
- Participate in training, staff meetings and other duties as required by manager.
- 10 years of experience in the mortgage banking industry with specific mortgage insurance industry experience desirable.
- Superior customer service skills.
- Experienced user of Microsoft Office suite and ability to work effectively with imaging and workflow systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain quality standards while maintaining acceptable productivity levels.
- Knowledge of GSE guidelines.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented.
- Excellent organizational, technical and relational skills.
- Capable of presenting difficult responses in a positive manner.
Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive salary. We work to maintain a positive environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. Essent is an Equal Opportunity Employer.