- Job Title
- TCS Technician
- Job ID
- Sumter, SC 29154
- Other Location
- Injection molding parts for QC release, Material Testing, and Sales & Marketing in accordance with established procedures.
- Maintain TCS Lab equipment, to include but not limited to, injection molding machines, extruders, mold tools, and peripherals.
- Maintain sample stockrooms, laboratory supplies, tools, and other resources to assist in completing tasks.
- Maintain documentation requirements, such as generating technical reports, data storage, and tracking sample requests.
- Communicate with various departments and salespersons as needed on projects.
- Prepare and arrange sample shipments for S/M support.
- Revising and/or establishing laboratory instructions.
- Following and ensuring strict safety procedures.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Supports QA/MT and AD/TS departments with testing, trials, and other requests.
- Keeping up-to-date with technical developments, especially those which can save time and improve reliability.
- Provide proposals and/or credit requests to promote continuous improvements
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have minimum of High school diploma (some college preferred)
- Have a good work history
- Some evidence of mechanical ability (employee will be performing minor maintenance on molding machine)
- Have a solid understanding of Microsoft computer software (Excel and Word a must, Access knowledge preferred)
- Be able to lift up to 40 lbs. and is okay lifting 10 lbs repeatedly
- Be able to stand at equipment for 2-3 hours at any given time
- Be able to stand at equipment for full 8 hour shift (with breaks)
- Be able to adjust and move objects up to 20 lbs
- Be comfortable repeating physical motions over 8 hour period