Interested in joining a fast-paced, results-focused company that cares about its employees and is helping shape America's housing finance industry? Essent is currently interviewing for the following open positions:
Director, Counterparty Risk Management
- Job Title
- Director, Counterparty Risk Management
- Requisition ID
- Radnor, PA 19087
- Other Location
Essent Guaranty, Inc. Founded in 2008, we are a private mortgage insurer, approved by Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac and licensed nationwide. We offer private mortgage insurance, also known as mortgage guaranty insurance, MI or private MI, for single-family mortgage loans in the United States, providing private capital to mitigate mortgage credit risk for lenders and investors. This, in turn, allows lenders to make additional mortgage financing available to prospective homeowners. We are focused on managing risk and dedicated to serving as a strong and fair counterparty. As a company, we bring strong private capital and a commitment to risk management to the mortgage insurance industry. As of September 30, 2019, Essent Guaranty was in compliance with the Private Mortgage Insurer Eligibility Requirements (PMIERs). Essent is rated BBB+ by Standard and Poor's and A3 by Moody's.
Title: Director, Counterparty Risk Management
Location: Radnor, PA
This is an advanced level position which works under limited supervision and is responsible for analyzing and reviewing new and existing lenders eligible to place loans with Essent mortgage insurance. Position is also responsible for analyzing and reviewing various data and must be able to organize various processes within Counterparty Risk and communicate timely and accurately within Essent. Incumbent will provide direction and guidance to management trainees and interns placed within the department.
As a dynamic and resourceful professional, we will rely on you to perform the following duties:
- Complete Monthly Client Monitoring procedures and present to Risk Management Department.
- Perform ongoing lender external monitoring procedures. Support CRT process by actively monitoring Reinsurer counterparty health and individual deal collateral eligibility.
- Maintain governance files for all Risk Management related items (new programs/variance approvals, GSE or other agency information remittances, reserve documentation, etc…).
- Assist in development of and improvement of Essent processes and documenting of procedures.
- Assist in preparation of PowerPoint presentations and internal and lender correspondence.
- Assist in data analytics and research as needed.
- Prepare and report new variances and programs with Underwriting and other internal constituents.
- Review and maintain lender file documentation and ensure files are properly approved, documented and retained. Perform lender due diligence as necessary.
- Obtain documentation and approval for new servicers.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in management, business, finance, operations or a related discipline is required; advanced degree preferred.
- Eight (8) years or more in mortgage or mortgage industry, preferably in position evaluating mortgage companies.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft applications.
- Intermediate to advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to manage multiple objectives with conflicting deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to foster and maintain successful client relationships.
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including excellent presentation skills.
Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental, vision, 401(k) and disability benefits. We work to maintain a positive environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. Essent is an Equal Opportunity Employer.