Linux Administrator (Night Shift)
- Job Title
- Linux Administrator (Night Shift)
- Job ID
- St. Louis, MO 63134
- Other Location
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
Conexess Group is aiding a St. Louis based client in their search for a Linux Administrator. This is a long term opportunity with a competitive compensation package.
******We are unable to work C2C on this role******
The System Administrator has primary responsibilities as the first point of contact for core server infrastructure. The System Administrator will work to resolve and satisfy incidents and requests, or route and escalate as necessary to ensure resolution with high customer satisfaction. The SA will assist with change tickets during and after business hours.
- Respond to multiple channels of contact, including phone, email, instant messaging, monitoring and event management alerts, and portal submission of tickets to the IT service management tool.
- Ensure request, incident, problem, and change tickets are accurate and complete, from creation to closure. This is includes maintaining communications with all stakeholders to achieve high level of customer satisfaction.
- Resolve problems by gathering information, determining the customers’ needs, and conducting research to find a correct solution.
- Follow established processes / standards and identify / propose improvements as necessary.
- Assist in developing technical documentation to improve training and service delivery.
- Excellent systems troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent understanding of virtual and physical infrastructure environments.
- Excellent understanding of networking connectivity (DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, wired and wireless infrastructure).
- Excellent understanding of storage administration.
- Excellent Linux/Unix administration skills.
- Excellent Windows administration skills.
- Excellent VMware administration skills.
- Excellent scripting skills using PowerShell.
- Outstanding problem solving, partner management and communication skills (verbal and written).
- 3+ years’ experience.
- Experience with AIX or HP/UX.
- Experience with Service Now.
- Experience with Ansible.
- 5+ years’ experience.
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) or Engineer (RHCSE).
- VMware VCP-DCV.