Senior API Java Engineer
- Job Title
- Senior API Java Engineer
- Job ID
- Franklin Lakes, NJ 07417
- Other Location
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
Conexess Group is aiding a Franklin Lakes, NJ based client in their search for a Sr. API Java Engineer. This is a long term opportunity with a competitive compensation package.
******We are unable to work C2C on this role******
Our client is seeking a passionate, talented and hands-on Senior Java API Engineer who will work in a distributed environment. They will contribute to the backend development to continue building out APIs and services. This role uses specialized depth and experience to oversee the design, development and modification of complex Java web service applications. The ideal candidate would be well versed in the challenges and complexities involved in building scalable and robust applications. This person would work with the team to design and implement an excellent solution, with stability and scale in mind. This position will create detailed specifications or designs, conduct quality assurance reviews of peer's application programming and act as a mentor to others in these programs. This position is competent to work at the highest technical level of all phases of application programming activities. Most importantly, they would thrive in a fast paced & collaborative culture.
- Contribute to design and development of multiple API(s) that successfully fulfill business needs and provide value to enterprise.
- Implement solution and architecture to ensure applications are extensible, simple, optimal and scalable.
- Implement continuous improvement efforts to ensure quality and enhance business value.
- Serve as SME for components of the team. Identify and implement process enhancement opportunities associated with supporting the application area. Key aspect of this is “tech debt” removal when possible.
- Provide technical guidance to projects/programs for complex components of a multiple technology suites. Support efforts to develop standard practices, components, guidelines for use of complex technology components.
- Work in Agile cross-functional team that is responsible for software design, development and quality testing.
- Strong technical background in Java, Spring, Spring Boot, SOA/MSA – REST, Hibernate/JPA, SQL & No-SQL based data repositories, and related technology stack is required for the success in this role.
- Strong debugging and problem solving abilities