Senior Java Developer
- Job Title
- Senior Java Developer
- Job ID
- St. Louis, MO 63134
- Other Location
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
Conexess Group is aiding a St. Louis based client in their search for a Sr. Java Developer. This is a long term opportunity with a competitive compensation package.
******We are unable to work C2C on this role******
Perform software development and maintenance of entity-based micro services using Java/J2EE including Java 1.8 features like Lambdas, Streams, and Filters and with different frameworks like Spring Boot, Hibernate, Pivotal Cloud, Jenkins, Kafka Streams, and REST.
- Implementing test suites to test the developed functionalities based on test scenarios proposed by Product Owner using Test Automation Frameworks like Junit, Mockito, Cucumber, etc. to ensure code quality and performance.
- Working in an AGILE environment with bi-weekly sprints and provided work updates in daily SCRUM calls, maintaining industry level best practices for software development using wide varieties of latest technologies and frameworks.
- Participating in software/hardware configuration, releases and installation tasks
- Participate in technical planning and requirements gathering phases including Design, code, test, troubleshoot and document engineering software applications.
- Demonstrating the ability to adapt and work with team members of various experience level.
- Working on developing REST APIs (Micro Services) to expose REST end points which will be consumed by the end users as per the internal business requirements.
- Build integrated Update processor to load legacy monolith data (SQL) into Micro Service based application using Java, Spring Boot, and Kafka is used as a message broker for processing the messages from source to destination.
- Research on new technologies and document them in timely manner to enhance API processing performance, test driven development (including code coverage of 95%), behavior driven development where automation is done using Cucumber (Citrus).
- Maintain proper logging to monitor the request/response time and TPS of the application, closely monitor the daily transactions history using Grafana dashboards ex. No of success messages, error messages and examine the fault and fix the issues if required.
- Deploy the code into the PCF through continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment methodology (Jenkins) after each successful implementation of new feature
- We want Java engineers that really passionate about Java and take the time to understand why they do things a certain way.
- Other skills include: RESTful Web Services, SpringBoot, Kafka, MongoDB, and automation skills (such as Jenkins and Cucumber).
- At least 5 years’ professional experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent