IT Security & Privacy Analyst
- Job Title
- IT Security & Privacy Analyst
- Job ID
- St. Louis, MO 63134
- Other Location
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
Conexess Group is aiding a St. Louis based client in their search for a IT Security & Privacy Analyst. This is a long term opportunity with a competitive compensation package.
******We are unable to work C2C on this role******
The ideal candidate will have excellent analytical skills, a background in cyber security, and intermediate-level technical skills. The candidate will be recognized internally as a subject matter expert who provides expert counsel on complex Information Protection assignments/projects. The role requires the ability to analyze complex information security issues, to recommend solutions to functional leaders and key stakeholders, and the ability to apply the technical solutions.
- Apply understanding of threat actor TTPs, threat intelligence, vulnerability data and other relevant threat-related information to the development of threat detection use cases.
- This position will be responsible for creating and managing custom monitoring and alerting solutions in Splunk in partnership with various customers and product owners in order to provide business and security value.
- Develop and manage custom Tanium signal content
- Leverage big data analytic tools to identify anomalous activity
- Leverage Kanban methodology in support of an agile framework to develop content in accordance with established SLA’s
- Utilize Content Governance to ensure all content is documented, inventoried and aligns to naming standards and best practices
- Manage the lifecycle of all content, including operations and maintenance routines to ensure contents continued viability and relevance
- Perform functional, user-acceptance, and regression testing in support of SDLC practices
- Continuously improve processes and operationalize new and innovative detection techniques to drive maturity
- Apply thought leadership within Information Protection and across broader projects that impact the extended business environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field with 3 years of experience.
- Master's degree in related field with 1 year of experience
- 5 years’ relevant experience without Bachelor’s Degree.
- Ability to write scripts in Python or PowerShell required
- Strong pattern recognition and deductive reasoning skills
- Strong understanding of malware techniques and host-based forensics
- Experience with statistical analysis is a plus
- Familiarity with the Cyber Kill Chain, Diamond, VERIS or ATT&CK modeling is a plus.