City Personnel is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
- Job Title
- Tax Preparer
- Job ID
- Warwick, RI
- Other Location
Great opportunity for an Tax Preparer with a medium sized CPA firm in Warwick! Great salary & benefits package offered for this position.
This is a full time position with some over-time required during the tax season!
The Entry Level Tax Preparer will be responsible for income tax preparation for individuals and companies. Identifies potential tax credits and liabilities and ensures accurate and complete returns are filed in a timely manner. Completes tax forms in accordance with policies and in compliance with legislation and regulations.
Primary responsibilities of the Tax Preparer:
- Compute taxes owed by following tax code.
- Prepare or assist in preparing simple to complex tax returns for individuals or small businesses.
- Help taxpayers by using their federal, state and local codes and see to it that clients receive the maximum benefit permitted under the law of government.
- Review financial records such as income statements and documentation of expenditures.
- Verify totals on past forms for accuracy.
- Calculate and invoice for form preparation fees.
- Consult tax law handbooks for especially difficult tax returns.
- Prepare tax returns using electronic filing software.
Qualifications for the of theTax Preparer:
- Must have a degree in Accounting
- 1-2 years experience
- Experience using UltraTax and ProTax software
- Excellent attention to detail
- Previous experience in an accounting setting ( CPA setting a plus! )
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Efficient in Microsoft Office, Outlook, Excel, and Word
Please submit resume for immediate consideration.
City Personnel, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact us. EEO is the Law.
Walk-ins Are Welcome!
If you have experience in Admin, Finance, Customer Service, Legal Admin, Medical Admin, Please bring your resume and speak with a Recruiter today! 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday, 480 Broadway, Providence, RI
- Required Skills