- Job Title
- Network Architect
- Job ID
- Brentwood, TN 37027
- Other Location
Conexess Group is helping a Fortune 500 client in their search for a Senior Network Architect. The main purpose of this position is to review and drive technology plans to align with enterprise goals, business plans and business processes. This is a long term contract with a strong possibility of extensions and this person will need to be onsite at the corporate office in Nashville, TN.
1. Stay abreast of emerging technologies and market trends within the retail space and make recommendations to align with the business strategic initiatives. Develop and maintain the technology roadmap that drive innovation within the organization.
2. Translate business requirements into technical designs that ensure availability, stability, scalability, security, and recoverability. Accountable for the quality of the implemented solutions. Work with business partners to ensure design meets desired outcomes.
3. Provide oversight for the development of prototypes and setting technology direction.
4. Define and promote processes, policies, standards, and procedures to assure compliance with corporate and regulatory policies. Responsible for creating deliverables that are consistent with defined architecture principles, standards, methodologies and best practices.
5. Develop and maintain artifacts in the Architecture library.
6. Govern the introduction of new technologies. Review, align, and drive technology plans with enterprise goals, business plans and business processes. Provide ultimate direction for various aspects of IT Infrastructure projects. Plan and manage implementation and integration of new technologies. Contribute to maturation of Disaster Recovery strategy.
7. Develop, mentor and motivate assigned staff.
- Minimum of 10+ years’ experience in systems administration or engineering
- Technical experience with designing, building, installing, and configuring x86, pSeries, iSeries, virtual, cloud and container-based systems running (UNIX, LINUX, Windows, VMware).
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related field. Any suitable combination of education and experience will be considered.
Certifications from Microsoft, RedHat, IBM, VMware, Cisco, Nutanix, Netapp, Htiachi, Azure, GCP, AWS are preferred.
High Demand IT Skills:
Platform knowledge: Nutanix, pSeries, iSeries, VMware, Hitachi, Netapp, RedHad, PowerHA, Active Directory, Exchange, Cisco UCS, Azure, Ansible, Terraforms, OpenShift, Kubernetes, Docker
• Superior knowledge and experience in AIX systems in an enterprise environment including VIO, NPIV, NIM, and LPM.
• Superior knowledge and experience in Linux systems in an enterprise environment including the use of Satellite Server.
• Superior knowledge and experience with clustering technologies such as PowerHA, RedHat Clustering, MS cluster services, etc.
• Superior knowledge and experience in Microsoft enterprise solutions, such as Windows Server, Directory Services, Exchange, etc.
• Superior knowledge and experience in Intel Virtualization (VMware, Citrix, or RedHat).
• Superior knowledge and experience with IBM and Cisco UCS blade centers in an enterprise environment.
• Superior knowledge and experience in various infrastructure systems performance characteristics and troubleshooting.
• Superior understanding of design and deployment of cloud technologies for enterprise solutions.