Senior Sales Account Manager - Asia
- Job Title
- Senior Sales Account Manager - Asia
- Job ID
- Singapore, SG 048943
- Other Location
Sr. Sales – Asia
Cloud9 Technologies is a voice communication and analytics platform for institutional traders. We leverage cloud services including AWS, a wide array of web services, WebRTC, as well as advanced deep learning techniques to empower firms with the benefit of modern communication tools and enhance trader workflow with actionable voice data & analytics.
Our company was started in 2014 by a team of motivated entrepreneurs and highly successful industry veterans that have started several businesses and taken multiple companies through public offerings. We are well funded, with investors including J.P. Morgan, Barclays, NEX, and Point72 Asset Management. Cloud9 has been profiled in publications such as the Wall Street Journal, Forbes, and Waters Technology. Our award-winning technology was a named the 2017 Best Sell-Side Trading Communication System by Waters Technology for the second year in a row, recognized in the Top 10 innovative solutions of the year by the Futures and Options Industry Association, named to the CB Insights Fintech 250, and the FinTech Global RegTech 100.
By bringing together an experienced group of engineers, product managers, and industry experts, Cloud9 developed a communications platform for the trading floor of the future – offering more functionality and analytic insight than legacy hardware at a fraction of the cost. We’re a group of pioneers who enjoy solving challenges and building disruptive technology – and we’re looking to hire the best and brightest.
Join our team to contribute to the development of the most secure, compliant, and reliable communications platform in the financial services industry.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
As a member of our sales team, you will be responsible for driving the success of our business and introducing our new communications platform to the brokerage and trading community. Working as part of a dynamic team, you will develop relationships with a wide range of financial services professionals including traders, brokers, finance managers, operations specialists and technologists.
You will need to understand their business and workflow and apply our technologies to solve problems and improve their work experience. In addition to your primary objective of growing revenue, you will also be tasked with working with sales leadership to refine and set sales targets and strategy where appropriate. This role also offers an opportunity to affect product offerings by representing the needs and desires of our customers to the product management group. You will need to be both a team player as well as someone who can succeed in a self-directed manor and above all else, an entrepreneurial individual with the drive to win. This role will also require a high level of self-sufficiency and the ability to manage most of the local sales administrative functions.
- Achieve or exceed assigned sales and business targets
- Generate new revenue through closing sales to existing/new business customers
- Work within the wider C9 team environment assisting with the development, standardization and marketing of the service portfolio.
- Provide, acquire and communicate industry knowledge related to general trends, emerging technologies and competitor intelligence
- Develop and manage sales funnel
- Maintain contact with the customer, resolve problems, and seek additional opportunities
- Create and maintain accurate account plans (as required
- Selling C9 applications and services into the financial community
- Develop new accounts/markets
- Develop go-to-market strategies
- Develop and manage strategic business relationships within customer accounts
- Build and track pipeline opportunities
- Manage, retain and grow existing revenue streams
- Provide management reporting as required
- Play a key role in the development of the C9 portfolio
- Increase market awareness and adoption
- Establish the company as a significant communications provider within the financial market place
- Deliver on all new revenue targets
- Develop a deep understanding of our customers’ needs and our product offerings
- Represent the needs and requests of your customer base to our product team
- Work with our client support and training teams to ensure our customers are properly supported
- Maintain a very high level of customer/user retention
- Offer insight to sales management to help develop sales strategy and targets
- Gather industry and market intelligence that helps C9 compete in the marketplace
- Generate a meaningful pipeline of leads and prospects
- Assist other sales team members when needed
- Travel as required
THE RIGHT BACKGROUND
Required Skills and Experience
- Proven ability of accurate pipeline management from initial lead to close
- Proven ability to initiate, build and maintain key relationships within strategic accounts
- Strong local contact network
- Experience CRM, reporting and invoicing
- Ability to work within a collaborative environment to achieve results
- Experience with cold calling customer/prospects, appointment setting and opportunity tracking
- A proven track record of success within high tech solution sales
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Minimum of 3 years financial industry sales experience
- Knowledge of trading floor technology or trader voice technology (a big plus)
- Computer and technology literate