Mobile Software Development Engineer in Test
- Job Title
- Mobile Software Development Engineer in Test
- Job ID
- Portland, OR 97027
- Other Location
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
Conexess Group is aiding a Portland, OR based client in their search for a Mobile Software Development Engineer in Test. This is a long term opportunity with a competitive compensation package.
******We are unable to work C2C on this role******
As a Software Development Engineer in Test, you will work with an experienced, highly Agile development and testing organization. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment and should command the skillset to communicate clearly and effectively. Along with your team you will develop, execute and maintain software to validate products and services. You are expected to have industry-leading technical abilities that will enable you to significantly improve product quality and time to market. You should have a both a solid knowledge of test automation practices and a strong understanding of software development obtained through years of proven experience.
- Bachelors in Computer Science or similar field. Work experience may be considered on a case by case basis.
- 5+ years’ experience testing REST and SOAP services.
- 3+ years’ experience writing and maintaining complex test automation suites for REST and SOAP services
- API automation testing including working experience with unit test automation frameworks
- 3+ years’ experience testing in non-relational data structures such as Mongo or other NoSQL solutions
- Experience with Hadoop or other Big Data solutions a plus
- Ability to programmatically test the product, measure test coverage, develop automation, drive testability and diagnostic ability into the product, while promoting best practices in quality areas
- Experience with open source test automation tools
- Ability to triage issues, react well to changes, work with teams and ability to multi-task on multiple products and projects
- Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical and problem solving skills
- Defect tracking using industry standard defect management tools (JIRA, Rally, Tracker) a must.
- Ability to estimate testing effort and effectively prioritize to meet timelines.
- Ability to clearly articulate impacts to testing priorities.
- Ability to learn complex application/data flow to determine most effective testing approach
- Experience with industry standard version control tools (Git, GitHub, Subversion)
- Experience integrating automated testing processes with Continuous Integration tools such as Gitlab CI.