Applications Engineer/Sr. Systems Admin. - Contract to hire
- Job Title
- Applications Engineer/Sr. Systems Admin. - Contract to hire
- Job ID
- Lenexa, KS 66215
- Other Location
Title: Applications Engineer/Sr. Systems Admin.
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
The Enterprise Integration Operations Services Team is looking for a seasoned Applications Engineer. In this role, candidates will be providing technical help desk and troubleshooting support to our customers. Candidates will work through a ticket system to resolve issues vs. working on applications that breakdown. Over 50% of the support is working through systems that are malfunctioning or broken-down.
About this Team:
Working as part of Enterprise Integration Operations Services, this team is made up of four distinct teams with several application engineers on each team. These four teams consist of Enterprise Notification Services/Install Development, Enterprise Workflow, along with two other key product teams. This team of 20 employees is dispersed across several US offices but works very collaboratively together.
Shift: 2 Openings
***1 opening - 2nd shift position: 4 PM to 1 AM - Mon-Fri***
***1 opening - 3rd shift position: Midnight to 9 AM – Mon-Fri***
- A minimum 3 years of systems administration experience.
- Must have worked with one of the following:
- Network OS, Technologies and Protocols including TCP/IP, UDP, etc.
- Any of the Microsoft Windows Servers 2003, 2008/2008R2, 201 or 2012R2
- Any of the Microsoft SQL Servers 2008/2008R2 or 2012
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Application and Web Services Knowledge (ex: IIS)
- Knowledge of:
- Network Load Balancing
- Packet Sniffing and other analytical
- XML, XSD and WSDL’s
- Previous Banking Software product experience.
- Experience with or knowledge of applications, networks and security within an enterprise environment.
- Provides highly visible customer support through the performance of on-site or remote installations, as well as overseeing any necessary diagnoses, troubleshooting, service, and repair of complex equipment and systems.
- Checks out and approves operational quality of system equipment.
- Instructs customers in the operation and maintenance of the system.
- Performs on-site or remote customer work including design, installations, repairs, testing, upgrades and/or maintenance on technical products.
- Identifies customers’ needs and clarifies if the responsibility for problem resolution falls to sales personnel, customer support reps, or engineers.
- Instructs customers in the operation and maintenance of the system. Resolves customer problems and answers questions.
- Serves as liaison between the company and customers.
- Conveys customer feedback to technical design and engineering staff.